Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snowed In


It snows often here in Indiana so it has quickly become part of day to day life for us. But we haven't had too many big snows.  Sure, we've had enough to shovel or cover our drive way in ice.  In the last 24 hours, we have had beautiful snow.  The light, fluffy, perfect ski slope snow.  I guess it is good that it happened just as the kids were recovering from their RSV and other sickness.  HG stayed home on Friday due to a belly ache and by 3, we were all suffering a belly ache.  Thankfully, we all woke back to normal today.

Hudson slept 7:45-6:30 so we were peeking out the windows before dawn this morning.

Everything was covered but it continued off and on all day.
Next up, Hailey.  My little princess who used to sleep until 10 now rises early thanks to school
He was amazed at the snow.
Kept watching it.
And looking for Camo.


Sweet Harper managed to finish off a pint of blueberries.
Fruit, this girl survives on fruit.
And greek yogurt.
Camo had a rough Thursday and Friday morning so we loaded him up for the kennel.
When I say rough, think of barking and whining for 24 hours nonstop.
He kept the girls up 3 hours past bed time, went in and out 10 times between midnight and 7 in the morning.  Did I mention he was barking so loud that he woke Hudson up at 3 who was up until 6:30.  AND he woke Harper up at 3:30.  I promised her I would come lay down with her when I got hudson and Camo back down.  That was 6:30.  Poor girl called out asking if I was going to come lay with her.  I have no idea if she was in there waiting for 3 hours or if she fell asleep and Camo woke her up again.  You better believe I crawled right next to her and held her forever.
He finally got a nap .
Never a dull moment.
Monster teeth?
It was so deep.
The kids wanted to make snow ice cream.


While hudson took his afternoon nap, I bundled the girls and we headed outside.  Harper was able to stay 10 minutes then went back inside for goldfish and hot chocolate with Doc McStuffins.
Hailey Grace and I were out there 90 minutes.
I burned well over 1,000 calories shoveling that snow.


Pure joy.




Got it done, put ice melt out since the temps will begin dropping again tomorrow.
I told the husband he was in charge of shoveling the next storm, Ive done the last two.
We're trying essential oils with Hudson right now.  Hoping it calms and helps him continue to sleep decent so we don't have to go through with the sleep study in April.
The girls were beat tonight.  Harper out at 7, HG by 7:30.
Early bed times on a Saturday.  Hudson partied until 7:45.


In the middle of a snow storm, it is always fun to order new spring or summer clothing.  While I don't mind the cold or snow (just hate the wind), I am looking forward to the warm sun providing the vitamin D our bodies needs.  The husband and I have a trip soon and needed easy, cute stuff to pack.  Can't beat great prices either!  One I found on IG and the other FB. Crazy huh?



The husband is on a plane back to Indiana from sunny California.  We are excited for him to get home and gear up for another week of cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment