Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Right now, it is serious me posting on our blog. I ran into Target for things I couldn't live with out, I mean doesn't that include everything in Target? As I was in the check out line, a mom was talking to a Target employee in a panic. You could tell something was wrong by the tears strolling down her face. I decided to step forward just enough to listen. Her little one was lost. She couldn't find him anywhere. After looking all over Target, she asked the worker for help. Unfortunately, the worker described the little one to a T, down to the beanie worn. My heart dropped because the next thing that came out of the worker's mouth was that the little one left with another adult a minute ago. The mom dropped everything and ran outside with the worker close behind. I think ALL the moms standing around in Target said a prayer right that instant. Tears were vi sable on many faces. The cops arrived, the workers searched Target, you had to check out with an employee when leaving and couldn't leave until the cops were present.
It only takes a second for a toddler or child to turn around and walk off. A second. Those of you who have kids, understand that. You might be reaching for the cheese and they wonder off that fast. It is scary. It could have been any one of us. Hold your kids, keep them in the buggies or on a kid friendly leash. Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine the pain going through that mom's body. It is something I pray I never have to experience. I've "lost" HG in stores from climbing under clothes. I panicked but found her in a matter of a minute or two. I was in the check out line for over 15 minutes.
Friday, November 26, 2010
My alarm went off at 7 as usual this morning but where as I usually turn it off and use HG as my alarm, I was wide awake. I hoped the crowds were slowing as I braved the cold and headed to Hurst. We have Express Toys R Us in Grapevine/Southlake but Hurst is the closest full store as they call it. While the place was still crowded, there were no lines to get in the door. I waited in the parking lot for a buggy because I assumed there were none inside. My assumption served right and I was eyed with envy as I strolled in. Poppy asked me to do his Christmas shopping for HG as well so I was hoping to knock the rest of ours out as well as his. I have a few cute items already in great hiding places (a remote dog on a leash, bracelets, lip gloss, H purse, dress up shoes, dress up clothes, Diego, Dora night gown, Dora Crocs, Dora house shoes, etc) so really we could have survived without adding anything else. But, with young children it is so fun on Christmas morning seeing the excitement in their eyes. I'd spend every penny I had just to see that excitement, it makes all the crowds and money worth it. I scored a Fisher Price Little People doll house in pink (not the one I wanted but it is cute and doesn't include a million pieces. 2 year old and lots of pieces can't never be good), Olivia purse, Olivia jewelry box for her diva jewelry, Wonder Pets school house, Tuck bath toy (wonder pets), dr kit, 3 adorable outfits 50% percent off so $7.49 for the top AND bottom....one of which HG found today and decided she had had to sport it. Little did we know that a bad case of car sickness was soon to arrive. Another one was really deep purple with ruffles and last but not least, zebra pants with a pink top with zebra edging. All are simply adorable and steals. I'm tempted to go back tomorrow!!
Next up was Carter's where I was pleasantly surprised at their sales. Two thermal pj's, one that is winter theme and one that is pink with monkeys for $8 each, 1 pair of fleece aqua pants for $5, a black fleece zip jacket with pinks, aquas, yellows and white for $7, a pair of knit pants in the same colors at the fleece jacket for $5, a aqua ruffle top for $5, grey polka dot knit pants for $5, a light pink peasant top for $5. All are interchangeable which makes for a nice morning around our house.
Then they nicely placed a Children's Place next to Carter's. Here I found a purple velour sweat out fit, a thermal long sleeved shirt, a pink hoodie with matching knit sweat pants and a long top. I think the tops were like $4 and each piece of the set was $7. HG had previously picked these outfits out.
I'll have to take pictures of the stuff already hidden in the closet. I found her the cutest little purse ever!!! She is still really into Dora, loves Olivia, the Wonder Pets, Tinkerbell and loves all her baby dolls.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Rushing to Albertson's today provided us with the perfect meal. Thanksgiving turned out to be great. We dined on an Italian cheese pork loin, green bean casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, corn bread dressing, rolls, carrot cake and brownies. We tried to make the best of our last Thanksgiving in Texas. Sounds strange right? We will live somewhere else next year and will be having Thanksgiving at our house. Hopefully Colorado.
Today provided us with good news, lots of hope and mucho laughter. We spoke to old friends, called the family and spent time together as a family. Chris leaves in a matter of days for a month. :(
Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
A few things for Wednesday:
- We made our first batch of chili yesterday and then put it in the crock pot for a few hours on low. There isn't a single bite left over.
- Poppy & Uncle Ryan flew back from LA yesterday, had dinner and then headed home. It was a great visit but we're sad Poppy didn't stay the night and shop today. :(
- Uncle Ryan was 1 of 2 people they let into his graduate program at UCLA this Spring. Apparently it is one of the hardest schools in the Country to get into. All his hard work and dedication is paying off and we're super proud of him. HG is ready to see Uncle Ryan at the beach. I don't think she really knows how far he is going to go but knows she gets on a big plane to visit. Thank goodness for Skype. Not sure what we would do with out it.
- Mia fell and broke her knee cap in two. She slipped in the bathroom on wet tile and will have surgery early next week. Poor Mia, we are praying for a speedy recovery. She'll be staying up at my Aunt's for a while and it just so happens that we are heading there after Christmas for a mini vacation. Chris is very excited about fishing, hunting and doing manly things.
- C's grandmother is still in pain but recovering. If you could say a little prayer for her, it would be greatly appreciated. It is hard to be stuck in a bed and needing help doing simple things. Bless her heart!
- Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Besides being thankful for so many things, I am beyond ready for some dressin'. Or dressing as we're supposed to say. Yum, my mouth waters just thinking about it.
- We're marking off our list and only have a handful of people left to buy for. Our parents of course and trying to decide on that perfect gift.
- The apartment behind us had a leak in their bath tub so they are having to refinish the entire thing. Our apartment smells of Nail Polish remover. It is terrible. Better than a meth lab like I thought. ha! Hopefully we will be able to turn our air and air vents back on tonight.
- We got $200 back from our apartment lease, score! I used an apartment locate and we got $200 back just for using them. It took a while but couldn't come at a perfect time. I know a little red head girl that wants a doll house.
- Lunch today was supposed to be at Aspen Creek. Not sure what happened but we had chicken salad, chicken nuggets, celery, nacho cheese dorito's, cheeto's and pretzels. Oh and Brownies for dessert. I think we are working on those Holiday pounds a little early. HG and I were both inhaling the cheetos and dorito's.
- I am going to finish addressing our Christmas cards today while HG naps (if she naps). I will feel so good to have them finished and can mail next week while home.
Well, that is it for now. I'll post some pictures later. I have Hg showing me flash cards and I just got one wrong. Black Pentagon. She knew it. I called it a black hexagon. We're hoping for Uncle Ryan's brains and a full ride to Notre Dame!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
1. To be ALIVE- I am very thankful that I am alive, well and able to experience this amazing life God has created for us. Life is a gift. Each morning I wake up and hear that precious voice (even when that little voice is quite demanding), I thank God for another day.
2. For my HUSBAND- My soul mate. The one who understands what you are going through. The one who knows your answer before you speak. He has integrity, a good soul, is loving and kind. He works hard to provide for us.
3. For my FAMILY- Imperfect as our families may be, where would be be with out our families. They are everything to me. They are everything to Hailey Grace. They are everything to Chris. We are also Blessed to have started our own branch of the two families.
4. For my FRIENDS- Rock stars. That is the words that best describes our friends. They come from many walks of life but couldn't imagine our life without each and every one of them. Many are our inspiration and want us to become better people. Many are more like family than friends to us. They have taught us and shared their knowledge. They have taught us to live life to the fullest.
5. For the roof over our head- A friend's blog really made me think about how easily you could loose everything. How easily you could be homeless without shelter. I don't think everyone plans for it to happen. I want HG to be thankful for the important things in life.
6. Being able to see- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to loose your eye sight? All the colors, faces and beautiful things gone. I am thankful every day for my eye sight and for being able to see the world.
6. To be able to pray and worship in the religion of my choice- We live in a world where we are allowed to worship where we would like. Could you imagine us all going to the same Church or Mass schedule? Being different and worshiping differently makes each and everyone one of us so special.
7. For laughter- It is cheap medicine. Always laugh when you can.
Mary Poppins said it the best.
We love to laugh
Loud and long and clear
We love to laugh
So ev’rybody can hearT
he more you laugh
The more you fill with glee
And the more the glee
The more we’re a merrier we!
Mary Poppins - I Love to Laugh
8. An answered prayer- God answers prayers. When he answers, it shows he listens to us. At the time, it might not be the answer we had desired but with time we will understand the full answer.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7
9. God's Grace- I am eternally grateful for all the wonderful things God has given me and shown me - not material things but life, friends, family, insight into my life, and the ability to love and be loved.
Grace be unto you, and peace from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (I Cor. 1: 3).
10. A College Degree- We are thankful that we were able to accomplish a 4 year degree. Many never have the option, many who have the option don't do it. It is very important to us, as a family, to finish your higher education if you are able. We believe that it allows the person to have more of a choice in their career path.
11. Hot baths- A hot bath can be a fix it all. It can relax the muscles, the mind and your body. (Okay, I can't leave out a nice glass of wine in the bath either!)
12. Crockpot- Easy form of dinner. Throw it in and go spend time with your children or loved ones. I love the house smelling like the wonderful food cooking.
13. For all those who have served our Country- It is an admiral and brave thing to do. Our men and women (and their families) in uniform give so much for us. When is the last time you told someone who serves or served our Country Thank you. It really does touch their heart.
14. Bonfires- There is nothing better than sitting around a bonfire with family or friends, roasting marshmallows laughing and talking. Oh I love that campfire spark and talk!
15. Sunrises and Sunsets- God's amazing ability to paint breath taking pictures for us.
16. Rainbows- Besides the pot of gold at the bottom, it is a beautiful sight to look forward after a drenching rain. The storm has passed.
17. Transportation- I am ever so thankful for a running car. The model, make and year are now no importance to me. I am thankful that it runs. It takes me from A to B. It is dependable and safe.
18. Computers/email- Even though it will never take the place of a hand written letter, this allows us to keep up with friends and family. We are able to experience their lives from many miles away through emails.
19. Your enemies- whether they are an actual person or something you fear, they help you undercover your blind spots to become a better person.
20. For LOVE- This allows us to really feel what it is to be alive.
21. Health insurance- I do not take for granted the greatness of health insurance and the fact that I can pick the doctors I want to see.
22. Running water- I can bathe and brush my pearly whites. I love having running water to my own washing machine. I enjoy a glass of ice cold water. It is not just running water but rather clean running water.
23. The spirit of Santa Claus - To believe in Santa Claus is to believe in giving, love and unselfishness. Christmas time is the one time each year where almost everyone all over the world gives to one another. It is the season of unselfishness. So the spirit of Santa Claus is the spirit of love.
24. Forgiveness- Just think of all the misery sin has caused. It is one of the greatest gifts we can receive and one that we do not deserve.
25. For my amazing daughter- She has taught us so much about life through little eyes. That we need to stop and enjoy the moment. That it matters NOW and not later. She makes us a better person. She smiles and lights up a room.
The world is a beautiful and amazing place to live. Be thankful for what you have and think of those who are in need.
She inspires me to be a better person.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
We headed home for HG to take a nap and after 2 hours of her reading, playing and talking to her babies she finally passed out. Little did we know that she had piled her bed with toys. Lots of laughs when we woke her for dinner. Laughs from us, not her. She did not want to wake up. I knew something was off when she finally strolled into the living room.
Dinner consisted of Spaghetti with homemade sauce and lots of veggies. I am trying to threw in vegetables in anything and everything I can. They were sauteed and simmered so oh so soft. There wasn't any sauce left over it was so yummy. HG, she barely ate. She chugged some orange juice though. I am trying to pull her off apple juice and she had two glasses, full glasses yesterday.
After the kitchen was clean, we piled in the bed to watch The Bucket list. I've seen it a few times but always enjoy a movie with the family all snuggled under the covers. HG decided she needed to go #2 so I grabbed the pink potty, put a towel on it (so she can recline if you were wondering) and not two minutes later it happened. She threw up her orange juice all over herself and the carpet. Chris and I bounced like magic and I luckily had a walmart plastic sack in my hand. The poor thing filled it up. Off to the tub HG went and I scrubbed everything in site. 15 minutes later, she was sick again. Thank goodness it was in the bathroom and not more on the carpet. I gave her some anti nausea medicine and motrin for her 100.4 fever and she seemed to feel better in a couple of hours. Well enough for chocolate chip cookies.
Today is a different story. She hasn't walked. She hasn't laughed. She hasn't' eaten anything. I managed a little apple white grape juice and milk down her. She has been laying down since waking up this morning. I tried to put her in the tub and she refuses to sit due to it hurting. The poor thing has finally fallen asleep after laying on the floor or our bed for 7 hours. I can't imagine the pain she is going through. If you have any ideas as to what might help, please email me. This usually does the trick when needed but today it hasn't. These however work in minutes. And her Pedi recommends these. I don't think we can go over night without her going. I'm starting to think that her belly issues are because she is stopped up. However, I can't get to the store right now because she won't sit down.
If and when we get the belly issues worked out, we're going to dinner with Poppy and possibly Uncle Ryan tonight. They are flying out to LA tomorrow to meet with Ryan's new grad school. I can't believe my baby brother is moving all the way to California. We will miss him terribly but hope to visit once we figure things out with AC.
Speaking of AC, I am sorry that we don't have an answer for all of you. I would like one as well, I promise. We do know that they aren't signing on anything until the next one opens in Fayetteville, NC on December 13. I'm guessing it will be after the New Year before we know much. They will be extremely busy from the opening until Christmas, we'll be gone the week after Christmas and I'm sure most people will take off. SO...maybe once everyone is back at work in the New Year, the decision will be made. :)
Thursday, November 18, 2010
• l8 Packages/Cans of Gravy
• 5l Cans of Soup and Broth
• 6, Boxes of Stuffing, Potatoes, and Rice
• 107 Cans, of Vegetables
• 18 Cans of Fruit !x Cranberry Sauce
• l7 Cans of Pie Filling !x Pie Crusts
• 8 Misc. Baking Items
• l Misc. Condiments
• 7 Cans/Bags of Pasta
• 16 Jars of Baby Food/Formula
• 6 Misc. Beverages
• 9 Misc. Bread/Corn Bread
• 1 Gift Card
Grand Total - 357 Items
I felt like Santa's elf today rushing around trying to finish the Holiday shopping while HG was at MDO. With Chris leaving in 12 days and us in like 22/23 days, we are coming up on the end of shopping days. Katherine and I were talking today while the kids were playing about how we are both typically finished by now. I'm stressing a little but know it will work out. Plus, the ones we have left to buy for would probably rather gift cards anyway.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
My sister's dear sweet friend Becca is having a shower on Sunday. She is also my cousin's babysitter and HG always squeals when she sees Becca. There is something special about that girl! She is having a little boy due December 15 so I am working on a wreath for her hospital door, shower door and bedroom door. She is naming her soon to be sweet and precious little one Jon Tyler, after her nephew who passed away so sadly.
Well, I just ordered Grown Ups so hopefully I'll laugh the next 90 minutes. Have a good Wednesday night!!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Daddy needed a new pair of work shoes. Boy was that an adventure!!
Mia came over yesterday to visit and see HG's school this morning. We really enjoyed her visit. HG was wanting to know where her Mia was after school. She was not happy about her not being there.
Daddy leaves in the morning for North Carolina and we're thinking about buying a Christmas tree. Ours is in storage and it is massive, I don't think it could fit through the apartment door. We looked at pink and purple ones today. Yes. For real, pink and purple. HG was begging for the pink one for her room.
Grandma Christine fell and broke her pelvis so we are planning a trip out there this weekend and then onto Texarkana for a quick visit since we won't make Thanksgiving there. Becca's babyshower is on Sunday as well....Stay tuned for the diaper cake and wreath!!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
So off to Care Now we go. I debated Baylor because I was seriously in that amount of pain. I have fractured my wrist, had a C Section and can barley go a year without breaking a toe. They were no comparison to the level of pain I was feeling. The Dr pulled out the numbing drops and I felt like a new person. I still couldn't see but couldn't feel the pain. After some eye test, dye and an exam, she said it was viral pink eye, shingles of the eye and a stuffy head. Wonderful....just tell me how me how to cure it. I had been on antibiotics for 6 days with no improvement. I was ready not to be scary eye at HG was calling me. DFW being DFW, you would think there is a 24 hour pharmacy on ever corner. Wrong. None in Grapevine. By this time, we were 2 hours late to dinner and I was starving. So off to dinner we went. :) Eye was still numb.
Not only were we late and they nicely waited on us (too sweet seriously), I forgot Jason's birthday gift. His card, gift card and beer sat on my counter at home. He laughed and told me not to worry about it. Of course I did. All night. He chose a place called Love and War in Texas over by Grapevine Mills. The building used to house the old Trail Dust so it was rather large and open but decorated in really cool rustic Texas gear. Chris had a mouth watering prime rib and I dined on Wild Boar. Yep, my East Texas soul was shining through. It was really good, a little spicy but good. Once dinner was over, Erica and Tiny joined us for a bit before I ran to find a pharmacy open. HG was sound asleep in the bed so we climbed in around her and tried to sleep. I gave in and took 1/2 of a tylenol with codiene. Didn't help. 3 hours later, I was still tossing and turning and hurting so I took Zytrec D and the other 1/2...lights out!
We woke Grand mommmy up early, sorry about that and had a great breakfast. DAddy headed to work, I back to the dr and HG played with Grand mommy. The visit today was with a total quack and I am looking forward to my eye appointment tomorrow. I have never been to an eye doctor, actually an terrified of them. I'm starting to hurt again pretty bad, my head and eye so we are going to have dinner at AC with Grand mommy and daddy and then turn in early.
Pictures tomorrow, I promise!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Almost figured the neti pot out!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
HG's School Schedule T/TH
9:00 Free Play
9:20 Circle Time- Consists of ABC's, numbers, calendar, shapes, colors, Spanish, singing and books.
9:35 T- movement TH- Music
10:00 bathroom break and snack time
10:20 outside play
10:50 Chapel time
11:10 Craft time- A daily craft where they color, paint, glue, etc.
11:30- lunch time
12:00 Bathroom break, clean up time
12:30 Nap time- If they choose not to nap, they are required to remain on their mat quietly.
1:50 Prepare for Dismissal
2:00 Time to go home!!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
We get to celebrate JD's birthday and have an early Thanksgiving the weekend before Thanksgiving. We.Can.not.wait.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010