Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crock pot Chicken Spaghetti

I shared one of our favorite crock pot recipes recently on FB and it seems to be quite the hit. I'm so happy because it is super easy and always a crowd pleaser.
Crock pot Chicken Spaghetti
16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. Velveeta Light cheese
3 chicken breast diced or 12 oz can of chicken breast
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
10 oz. rotel
4 oz. can mushroom, drained
1/2 cup water1 small onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
salt & pepper, to taste
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well.Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours
I promise you won't be disappointed.
Tonight is a simple dinner at our house, Chicken and Rice casserole with broccoli. Our oven makes our tiny apartment steamy so I used the slow cooker once again. I think everyone has their own touch to this kid pleaser but here is ours for the crock pot.
2 packages of boil in a bag rice
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
chicken broth (for the crock pot and to cook rice in)
broccoli (I buy steam able or fresh)
I tend to cook rice while mixing the cream of mushroom and chicken in the sprayed slow cooker. Add the chicken and rice once cooked and stir. I add a little chicken broth as needed for 2-3 hours. Cook broccoli and then add to dish during the last 30 minutes. This is the only way I can get Hailey Grace to eat broccoli so this is why we add it to the slow cooker.
Like I said, plain and simple but you almost always have the ingredients around the house.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to get tired of me saying how GREAT this spaghetti is. OMG. It's so good! :)

    ReplyDelete