Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Orlando

The husband and I recently went on a 4 night trip to Orlando for his yearly conference.  My Mom and Aunt are amazing brave to come and take care of the girls.  I am really glad I decided to join Chris this year and not back out due to Harper being 6 months.  I never left HG until 18 months and it made me sick to think about it. While I was missing them like crazy, it is nice for everyone to have a break from time to time. 
I am terrible with the camera so thanks to Meghan for pulling hers out and snapping some good ones.
Orlando was a mixture of work and play.
Each year, the husbands company puts on a conference for the MP's and higher.
It is wild all the work that goes into this conference.
The time, the money, the hard work by the conference staff.

Sunday we flew in and headed to the General Conference meeting followed by dinner on the golf lawn. It was fun seeing everyone and catching up.
Sunday night concert was Big & Rich.
Cowboy Troy even sang a few songs, what a treat!

 Monday morning was breakfast and general session followed by our yearly humanitarian day.
We are all divided into groups and work on a project.
I helped rake, shovel, lay mulch, build a garden and pick up leaves.
This brought on a while new meaning of dirtiness.
I wore tennis shoes with shoes and my toes were still filthy.
After our busy morning, while most took a nap, we headed to the pool.
I couldn't waste an hour pool side with a fruity drink.
The husband's boss took this whole team to an amazing dinner at Season's 52.
If you haven't heard of this place, the menu changes for each season.
It was really neat.
As if our day hadn't been busy enough, our late night band was Mogollon.
They were fun but I was stuff and ready for bed.
Luckily, they would be entertaining us pool side.


 Tuesday morning started off before dawn with a 5K run.
We skipped, there is always next year.
The general session had a motivational speaker today, Aaron Ralston from 127 hours.
The rest of the afternoon was spent pool side preparing for our big night.
MP dinner.
Big, huge event.
After dinner, 3 Doors Down and Gin Blossoms played.
Great concerts.


 Wednesday was our low key, fun day.
We spent the day at Discovery Cove swimming with sea creatures,
Like 7 foot sting rays.
I felt a little more comfortable here than I did in Grand Cayman doing it.
The Discovery Cove ran until 7 so most people hit the pool after.
We had plans to dine at one of the Restaurants at the Ritz.
I must say, great choice Steve!
Dinner was great.
After a little late night action, we were in our room in bed by 11.
Yes, I said late night!
Ha!
I


Looking forward to Maui 2013!

1 comment:

  1. I know you are looking forward to Maui. You look beautiful here!

    I hope that Harper's baptism went well today. Kevin was gone today and Boyd, well, he was at the end of his rope and I was too, and I didn't think we could manage to make it, and act respectable. ha. I feel so bad and I hope you aren't upset with us. We wish many blessings upon sweet Miss Harper! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete