Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sushi and such

Saturday, we joined some of our friends for sushi to celebrate my birthday. Yes, again! No one snapped pictures except when April mastered the horse. I was crying from laughing. Jason, jason, Jessica, Case, April, the husband and I all had a nice time. I hadn't enjoyed sushi in a couple of years so I helped myself to many things on the menu. We were stuffed on sushi, the first time ever. Blue Fish in Las Colinas was definitely a good choice. Kind of expensive for sushi but very fresh and tasty.

The girls stayed the night at the husband's parents, we were very thankful. It was the first time for both to stay and us not. We needed it, I got to sleep in a bit, but Harper threw a big fit so naturally when I found that out I was so upset. Poor girl is suffering from allergies, new teeth and was just unhappy. Whatever the cause might be, no one like screaming kids when they are keeping them. The husband and I rushed over and Harper was down for a nap. Whew! I can only imagine how she was, girl can be a massive fit thrower.

As with any big football day, it isn't complete without wings. Why is that? I could seriously drink Pete's hot sauce out of the bottle any day of the week. The husband ran for some wings, burgers, quesadillas and my in laws whipped up all kinds of dips and things while he was gone. We enjoyed our Superbowl feast before the actual Superbowl this year. Tonight, during the game it was stew and corn bread. Fancy I know but I didn't think we needed any more take out. We had eaten out every meal since Friday morning. Whew, that is a lot of eating out.

We're gearing up for a busy week with our crew, all suffering from allergies.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love sushi! You can keep your wings though. ;) And holy crap the girls are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I loved sushi, but I just don't. Kevin LOVES it so very much. I've tried it a few times. I think it's the seaweed....

    I'm so glad you had a night off! That is so nice.

    xo

    ReplyDelete