Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our weekend with Ollie


Ollie’s weekend with Hailey Grace’s family
2/21/2013-2/25/2013

I was so excited that it was my turn to take Ollie home and be line leader.
Our first stop was to visit my Aunt Collins at work in Plano.  She is my very favorite person besides my mom and dad. Collins is part of a new concept opening in Dallas called Chilada’s and I just had to show Ollie. We snacked on chips and dips while she cooked us carnitas and shrimp tacos. 

Friday, we began preparing our house to list it.
Ollie helped my mom and I clean out cabinets for easy packing and showing of the house.
That wasn’t exactly fun according to us but the messes Harper kept making made us laugh. 
My grandparents came out on Friday night for dinner so lucky for us, we got a break in working. I forgot to take a picture of them with Ollie but they both played with him.  My Grandma washed him last time too.
 
Ollie helped me make pancakes on Friday morning before we started to work.
I’m quite the little chef in the kitchen and always eager to bake.

My baby sister wanted to love on Ollie as well.
She got drool all over his head.
Yuk!


It is a special day when we get to ride in the car cart at Kroger.
Mom always says there are too many germs but since Ollie said he wanted to, she let us.
We picked up fish, shrimp, crab dip, you know all the things I don’t eat.
She got Ollie, I mean me, some pancakes and chicken.
I also got a new stuffed purple turtle.
Purple is my favorite color and Ollie loved playing with her.

See, I told you Harper likes Ollie’s ear.

Saturday, we headed to Bottle Cap Alley in Keller for burgers.
Mom and dad couldn't decide where to get lunch so I decided for them.
Ollie really enjoyed his fries and watching everyone play the games.
Then we headed to pick up my good friend Kalli.
Her mom just had a baby on the 18th so she came to spend the night with us.
Boy did we have some fun together with Ollie.

We colored on my Castle and all drew pictures of Ollie. Dinner was whatever we wanted and Ollie chose chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and strawberries followed by Boy Scout popcorn. I was thrilled by Ollie's choices.


 We also built some really neat forts. 



Sunday was spent playing outside on the swings, coloring with chalk and blowing bubbles with my bubble gun.  I think Ollie enjoyed the hot day.


Sunday was spent playing outside on the swings, coloring with chalk and blowing bubbles with my bubble gun.  I think Ollie enjoyed the hot day. Monday, Ollie came to swim lessons but we forgot to take a picture. Our day was finished with Poppy and Danielle coming to spend the night and celebrating Danielle’s belated Birthday.

 

I wish Ollie could spend every weekend with me.

 

Hailey Grace

4 years



This post is from the book HG had to prepare and tell her class about her weekend with Ollie. She did it in her words while I typed.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet story! HG told that very well.
    I always think of germs in those Kroger carts too, but Boyd loves them so much, so I usually give in. :)

    ReplyDelete