Thursday, October 7, 2010

Houston, Texas

We're home. Houston is growing on me. Maybe it is our amazing family there or maybe it is because it was perfect weather. Either way, I really enjoyed myBold time in Houston this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Uncle John Davis gave up his bed (and pretty much his entire apartment) for Hailey Grace and I. I think we gave him a quick view of how messy a place can get in a mere 5 minutes with children. And Kendall (his girlfriend) who Hailey Grace worships, allowed John Davis to stay at her place and also put up with us for days. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much. We had a wonderful time and will be back in a few weeks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A quick recap of our trip. On Monday, we hung out with JD, went to Target, a 24 hour awesome diner, played and then headed to my cousin, Emily's house. I love Emily. I love her entire family. I like to think my mom would be just like her if alive. They were best of friends and first cousins. I feel as if an empty void is filled when around her.s Oh wow, we had so much fun. David and JD hit it off on movies and I'm sure Kendall is thrilled to be watching long oldies. My cousin John is just an amazing man, working on his Psychology hours with the cutest son in the whole world. River and Hailey Grace hit it off and we can't wait to play again. We missed my cousin Jeff. Come home and visit soon Jeff! Emily gave me matches and a wedding invitation from my parent's wedding. how neat is that?? They were married in 1977 and they are in perfect condition. I was thrilled. Also, Emily and my mom wore the same wedding dress. The lace on there matches the lace on my wedding dress. how wild is that? My mom was working through other people to help me pick that out. Thank you, thank you, thank you for having us over and feeding us. We love you dearly!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tuesday morning, HG and I headed to Port Neches to my Aunt Pam's house. For those of you who don't know where that is, it is about 3 miles north of the Port Arthur city limits. Gee Gee lived south of PA, almost in Sabine Pass city limits but has since moved to Port Neches with my Aunt. It had been years since traveling out there but the memories immediately came back. I loved visiting out there, always such happy memories. We played for hours, dined at Sartin's for the best BBQ crabs EVER and then headed back. Sartin's is a must each trip out that way. Oh how I have missed my dear family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tuesday late afternoon, we rushed back to get dinner going. Let me say that I know exactly what I am buying JD for Christmas!! Dinner turned out good and Uncle Mark and Miss Amanda came over to join us. Hailey Grace was so super excited to see them that she took off running for Uncle Mark as soon as she saw him. So super sweet!! Chris really wishes he could have been there with us to visit with JD/Kendall and Mark/Amanda. We wish they would move with us!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Wednesday morning was Kratz's for lunch and then heading out. We were supposed to see Denise but Hailey Grace fell asleep and I just couldn't stop. So sorry Denise, I was really looking forward to it. With the car sickness, I take any extra peace and quiet I can. We'll be back really soon. My cousin is starting to play again so it might be as soon as October 21st!!!



My only regret is not pulling out my camera.. Ugh, I am getting terrible at that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment