Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend wrap up

  • Chris and I had date night on Friday at Cool River in Irving. I had only been to the one in Austin so was excited when he decided on there. If you haven't been, it is a very large place with a cognac bar (cigar bar), dining, private dining and a huge bar area. It is a pretty classy so you don't feel as if you are in a bar while sitting in the bar. They had the Ranger game playing on a huge wall and then Live 80 played afterwards on the stage. I think they are the best 80's band I have seen. We were blown away so if you ever get a chance to see them, please do.
  • Chris had an amazing Prime Rib Sandwich with roasted red peppers and caramalized onions while I decided on the Black Pepper Tenderloin Salad. The salad had good flavor but my steak was beyond burnt and tasted like charcoal. I managed to eat 1/2 of it because the actual salad was pretty decent. With in 30 minutes of finishing the salad, I was sick as a dog. Like Chris was pulling over on the way home sick. Sick all night. Sick most of the day the next day. It was no fun! I might not have been that salad at all but I'm not sure the next time I'll want a salad. :)
  • Hailey Grace played with granmommy and grandaddy while we went to dinner. She had a lot of fun!!
  • Saturday was lazy all day since I was feeling under the weather and Hailey Grace has a bad stomach ache. We got enough energy for the fair that evening and had a great time.
  • Sunday we all slept in, made a big breakfast, continued to be lazy until Mass. I decided to check the mail and we got a sweet thank you from Mike and Amber (C's brother and his wife) for helping with the dogs and their house in the Houston area. Thanks, it was such a nice surprise!! Hailey Grace and I had planned on being in Little Rock the week someone needed to feed the dogs, so our trip got canceled and we stuck around town. Chris works about a mile away but his schedule is so crazy that he hardly remembers extra stuff while at work.
  • Sunday evening we were treated to La Margarita in Irving by the Bells. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there, but it sounds really NICE! The whole time I'm reading this, I thought you were talking about the club, Red River. I was thinking, I didn't know they had all that stuff in there. DUH! :)) Sorry you got sick though!

    ReplyDelete