Sunday, October 3, 2010



Today was Uncle Gene's funeral. We left early, Hailey Grace threw up by Corsicana from motion sickness but finally made it shortly after noon. I was eager and scared about the funeral. My Uncle, who we always wanted to have a relationship with and never did (I did through emails, mail, FB and telephone the last 6-7 years) turned out to be an AMAZING man. The only mission in the Church he wasn't involved in was the nursery. Seriously, the nursery was the only one. He worked for GE for 34 years and then semi retired and went into consulting and part time for Grant Prideco. He was a Master Diver Instructor and went on 6 mission trips with his Church. The list could go on and on. I met cousins and family members that I never knew existed. John Davis already has a fishing trip planned. It must run strong through the Davis blood. For those of you who didn't know, my grandfather was THE electrician in Port Arthur. His real love, was for fishing and his squatters cabin in the Inter Costal Canal. Oh the fish he would bring home!! I remember it like it was just yesterday. We left the funeral very loved. So many people had wondered about us over the years and had no idea how to contact us. My Uncle's best friend for over 60 years, my real mom's high school best friend, Davis cousins from Gilmer and so on. Like I said, a warm fuzzy feeling and I am thrilled to remain in contact with everyone.

After the funeral and reception, we dined at Niko Niko's. I love Greek food and the huge Gyro with lamb and an amazing Greek salad, I needed to be rolled out. I will be visiting again, maybe tomorrow for lunch. Tonight has been low key, I was exhausted and JD/Kendall were as well. We all called it a night early and I am doing JD's laundry, big sisterly love. :)
Not sure what tomorrow has in store but dinner with my Cousins. Hopefully lunch with Uncle Mark too!! Then off to Port A on Tuesday for the day. I can't wait to spend some quality time with Gee Gee and Aunt Pam.

Hopefully, I'll take a bunch of pictures tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment