Sunday, November 14, 2010

Smooth move.

Last night while giving my eye drops, I managed to scratch my eye. F O U R times. Yes, for real. 3 were under my eye lid and one large one was under my bottom eye lid. It was bleeding. I panicked. We were dropping HG off at Grand mommy's house and heading to Jason's birthday dinner. How in the world did I manage to do that? Well my eye itches. It itches pretty bad at times and is really painful. A wet wash cloth is a great cure. I apparently went to town with that wash cloth and ruined my eyes. I couldn't even cry because it was hurting. We were late for dinner already. :(

So off to Care Now we go. I debated Baylor because I was seriously in that amount of pain. I have fractured my wrist, had a C Section and can barley go a year without breaking a toe. They were no comparison to the level of pain I was feeling. The Dr pulled out the numbing drops and I felt like a new person. I still couldn't see but couldn't feel the pain. After some eye test, dye and an exam, she said it was viral pink eye, shingles of the eye and a stuffy head. Wonderful....just tell me how me how to cure it. I had been on antibiotics for 6 days with no improvement. I was ready not to be scary eye at HG was calling me. DFW being DFW, you would think there is a 24 hour pharmacy on ever corner. Wrong. None in Grapevine. By this time, we were 2 hours late to dinner and I was starving. So off to dinner we went. :) Eye was still numb.

Not only were we late and they nicely waited on us (too sweet seriously), I forgot Jason's birthday gift. His card, gift card and beer sat on my counter at home. He laughed and told me not to worry about it. Of course I did. All night. He chose a place called Love and War in Texas over by Grapevine Mills. The building used to house the old Trail Dust so it was rather large and open but decorated in really cool rustic Texas gear. Chris had a mouth watering prime rib and I dined on Wild Boar. Yep, my East Texas soul was shining through. It was really good, a little spicy but good. Once dinner was over, Erica and Tiny joined us for a bit before I ran to find a pharmacy open. HG was sound asleep in the bed so we climbed in around her and tried to sleep. I gave in and took 1/2 of a tylenol with codiene. Didn't help. 3 hours later, I was still tossing and turning and hurting so I took Zytrec D and the other 1/2...lights out!

We woke Grand mommmy up early, sorry about that and had a great breakfast. DAddy headed to work, I back to the dr and HG played with Grand mommy. The visit today was with a total quack and I am looking forward to my eye appointment tomorrow. I have never been to an eye doctor, actually an terrified of them. I'm starting to hurt again pretty bad, my head and eye so we are going to have dinner at AC with Grand mommy and daddy and then turn in early.

Pictures tomorrow, I promise!

1 comment: