Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Purple Trees

Have you all seen Sarah Palin and her Alaskan show? We or I should say I am watching it and so far so good. They are climbing a glacier today.
Chris left for North Carolina today and we already miss him terribly. HG is currently down for the night, asleep in daddy's bed. I kept her busy all afternoon. He is there for NC's 25 day meeting before their opening. Maybe we'll know where we are going soon... That is just a rumor we recently heard. :)
For dinner, we made this soup that I picked up from Chi Omega. I added diced ham and put it over sweet cornbread. Two bowls later and hopefully a lot of good luck, I decided it was really yummy. We went to Walmart today for a few items and a tree. We left with a purple one (ours is too large for our tiny apt) and started to decorate it. HG is SO proud and is very eager to wrap her cousins gifts tomorrow.

My sister's dear sweet friend Becca is having a shower on Sunday. She is also my cousin's babysitter and HG always squeals when she sees Becca. There is something special about that girl! She is having a little boy due December 15 so I am working on a wreath for her hospital door, shower door and bedroom door. She is naming her soon to be sweet and precious little one Jon Tyler, after her nephew who passed away so sadly.
HG and I have also been working on her food drive stuff for school tomorrow. We have so much and are picking up even more from Grandmommy in the morning. She is donating a turkey!! Thank you so much!!! We have all the vegetables, broths, soups, rices, beans/peas, ramen noodles you could ever want!! Hopefully it will go to a few families in need and they will have a nice Holiday dinner.

Well, I just ordered Grown Ups so hopefully I'll laugh the next 90 minutes. Have a good Wednesday night!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend! I feel bad, I come by here all the time, then get distracted and never comment.

    I haven't watched the Sarah Palin show yet, but I need to. I bet it's good!

    My blog friend at, The Pleasures of My Life!, just posted a soup recipe tonight that I think you would like.

    I love her purple tree. cute!

    That is so awesome that you have collected so much food. Doesn't it make your heart happy?!

    have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to go check that blog out, I love some soup in the winter time!
    Yes, I have been on a natural high today from all the food for charity.

    ReplyDelete