Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hug your kids tight

I have another blog that I am working on but laundry and errands keep coming in the way. I promise I'll post it soon.
Right now, it is serious me posting on our blog. I ran into Target for things I couldn't live with out, I mean doesn't that include everything in Target? As I was in the check out line, a mom was talking to a Target employee in a panic. You could tell something was wrong by the tears strolling down her face. I decided to step forward just enough to listen. Her little one was lost. She couldn't find him anywhere. After looking all over Target, she asked the worker for help. Unfortunately, the worker described the little one to a T, down to the beanie worn. My heart dropped because the next thing that came out of the worker's mouth was that the little one left with another adult a minute ago. The mom dropped everything and ran outside with the worker close behind. I think ALL the moms standing around in Target said a prayer right that instant. Tears were vi sable on many faces. The cops arrived, the workers searched Target, you had to check out with an employee when leaving and couldn't leave until the cops were present.

It only takes a second for a toddler or child to turn around and walk off. A second. Those of you who have kids, understand that. You might be reaching for the cheese and they wonder off that fast. It is scary. It could have been any one of us. Hold your kids, keep them in the buggies or on a kid friendly leash. Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine the pain going through that mom's body. It is something I pray I never have to experience. I've "lost" HG in stores from climbing under clothes. I panicked but found her in a matter of a minute or two. I was in the check out line for over 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. OMG. I am freaking out. That scared me to death just reading it. I am so sad and will stop and pray for her right now. I can't even imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you hear anything. I've been checking the news to see if this is on. It's been on my mind all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, no I haven't heard anything. I googled it and couldn't find anything. I went back by but couldn't see all the way down to Target from William D Tate. I'm in there all the time so I'll ask one of the regular cashiers.

    ReplyDelete