Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I don't venture out much on Black Friday. I'm not even sure I even like Black Friday. I mean who really likes crowds? Italic Fighting and rushing for an item only to be pushed down or sitting out in the freezing weather for hours to get inside? Not exactly my style but part of me wishes it was. I fought the crowds at COACH a few times and then at Discount tire only by accident. COACH is totally worth it and I usually get 70-90% off so who would turn that down? Now, throw in a little sweet red head and you rethink the crowds, traffic and early morning. You put on your big girl panites and venture out. Kuddos to my friend Kristen, she made Kohl's at 5 this morning. I wish I had her drive for sure. She snapped a few great deals. I do love Kohl's and their sales.

My alarm went off at 7 as usual this morning but where as I usually turn it off and use HG as my alarm, I was wide awake. I hoped the crowds were slowing as I braved the cold and headed to Hurst. We have Express Toys R Us in Grapevine/Southlake but Hurst is the closest full store as they call it. While the place was still crowded, there were no lines to get in the door. I waited in the parking lot for a buggy because I assumed there were none inside. My assumption served right and I was eyed with envy as I strolled in. Poppy asked me to do his Christmas shopping for HG as well so I was hoping to knock the rest of ours out as well as his. I have a few cute items already in great hiding places (a remote dog on a leash, bracelets, lip gloss, H purse, dress up shoes, dress up clothes, Diego, Dora night gown, Dora Crocs, Dora house shoes, etc) so really we could have survived without adding anything else. But, with young children it is so fun on Christmas morning seeing the excitement in their eyes. I'd spend every penny I had just to see that excitement, it makes all the crowds and money worth it. I scored a Fisher Price Little People doll house in pink (not the one I wanted but it is cute and doesn't include a million pieces. 2 year old and lots of pieces can't never be good), Olivia purse, Olivia jewelry box for her diva jewelry, Wonder Pets school house, Tuck bath toy (wonder pets), dr kit, 3 adorable outfits 50% percent off so $7.49 for the top AND bottom....one of which HG found today and decided she had had to sport it. Little did we know that a bad case of car sickness was soon to arrive. Another one was really deep purple with ruffles and last but not least, zebra pants with a pink top with zebra edging. All are simply adorable and steals. I'm tempted to go back tomorrow!!

Next up was Carter's where I was pleasantly surprised at their sales. Two thermal pj's, one that is winter theme and one that is pink with monkeys for $8 each, 1 pair of fleece aqua pants for $5, a black fleece zip jacket with pinks, aquas, yellows and white for $7, a pair of knit pants in the same colors at the fleece jacket for $5, a aqua ruffle top for $5, grey polka dot knit pants for $5, a light pink peasant top for $5. All are interchangeable which makes for a nice morning around our house.

Then they nicely placed a Children's Place next to Carter's. Here I found a purple velour sweat out fit, a thermal long sleeved shirt, a pink hoodie with matching knit sweat pants and a long top. I think the tops were like $4 and each piece of the set was $7. HG had previously picked these outfits out.

I'll have to take pictures of the stuff already hidden in the closet. I found her the cutest little purse ever!!! She is still really into Dora, loves Olivia, the Wonder Pets, Tinkerbell and loves all her baby dolls.

1 comment:

  1. you found some GREAT stuff! I love that wonder pets house. I'm going to email that to my mom :)

    ReplyDelete