Tuesday, November 23, 2010

25 things to be grateful for

When I was young, I took some things for granted. Actually, I took most things for granted. The more I grew up, the more I began to appreciate things. I realized that everything I had been given were privileges and not rights. I just expected them.
With Thanksgiving just a couple of days away, I thought I would touch on a few things that I am thankful and grateful for.



1. To be ALIVE- I am very thankful that I am alive, well and able to experience this amazing life God has created for us. Life is a gift. Each morning I wake up and hear that precious voice (even when that little voice is quite demanding), I thank God for another day.

2. For my HUSBAND- My soul mate. The one who understands what you are going through. The one who knows your answer before you speak. He has integrity, a good soul, is loving and kind. He works hard to provide for us.

3. For my FAMILY- Imperfect as our families may be, where would be be with out our families. They are everything to me. They are everything to Hailey Grace. They are everything to Chris. We are also Blessed to have started our own branch of the two families.

4. For my FRIENDS- Rock stars. That is the words that best describes our friends. They come from many walks of life but couldn't imagine our life without each and every one of them. Many are our inspiration and want us to become better people. Many are more like family than friends to us. They have taught us and shared their knowledge. They have taught us to live life to the fullest.

5. For the roof over our head- A friend's blog really made me think about how easily you could loose everything. How easily you could be homeless without shelter. I don't think everyone plans for it to happen. I want HG to be thankful for the important things in life.

6. Being able to see- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to loose your eye sight? All the colors, faces and beautiful things gone. I am thankful every day for my eye sight and for being able to see the world.

6. To be able to pray and worship in the religion of my choice- We live in a world where we are allowed to worship where we would like. Could you imagine us all going to the same Church or Mass schedule? Being different and worshiping differently makes each and everyone one of us so special.

7. For laughter- It is cheap medicine. Always laugh when you can.

Mary Poppins said it the best.

We love to laugh

Loud and long and clear

We love to laugh

So evrybody can hearT

he more you laugh

The more you fill with glee

And the more the glee

The more we’re a merrier we!
Mary Poppins - I Love to Laugh

8. An answered prayer- God answers prayers. When he answers, it shows he listens to us. At the time, it might not be the answer we had desired but with time we will understand the full answer.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7

9. God's Grace- I am eternally grateful for all the wonderful things God has given me and shown me - not material things but life, friends, family, insight into my life, and the ability to love and be loved.

Grace be unto you, and peace from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (I Cor. 1: 3).

10. A College Degree- We are thankful that we were able to accomplish a 4 year degree. Many never have the option, many who have the option don't do it. It is very important to us, as a family, to finish your higher education if you are able. We believe that it allows the person to have more of a choice in their career path.

11. Hot baths- A hot bath can be a fix it all. It can relax the muscles, the mind and your body. (Okay, I can't leave out a nice glass of wine in the bath either!)

12. Crockpot- Easy form of dinner. Throw it in and go spend time with your children or loved ones. I love the house smelling like the wonderful food cooking.

13. For all those who have served our Country- It is an admiral and brave thing to do. Our men and women (and their families) in uniform give so much for us. When is the last time you told someone who serves or served our Country Thank you. It really does touch their heart.

14. Bonfires- There is nothing better than sitting around a bonfire with family or friends, roasting marshmallows laughing and talking. Oh I love that campfire spark and talk!

15. Sunrises and Sunsets- God's amazing ability to paint breath taking pictures for us.

16. Rainbows- Besides the pot of gold at the bottom, it is a beautiful sight to look forward after a drenching rain. The storm has passed.

17. Transportation- I am ever so thankful for a running car. The model, make and year are now no importance to me. I am thankful that it runs. It takes me from A to B. It is dependable and safe.

18. Computers/email- Even though it will never take the place of a hand written letter, this allows us to keep up with friends and family. We are able to experience their lives from many miles away through emails.

19. Your enemies- whether they are an actual person or something you fear, they help you undercover your blind spots to become a better person.

20. For LOVE- This allows us to really feel what it is to be alive.

21. Health insurance- I do not take for granted the greatness of health insurance and the fact that I can pick the doctors I want to see.

22. Running water- I can bathe and brush my pearly whites. I love having running water to my own washing machine. I enjoy a glass of ice cold water. It is not just running water but rather clean running water.

23. The spirit of Santa Claus - To believe in Santa Claus is to believe in giving, love and unselfishness. Christmas time is the one time each year where almost everyone all over the world gives to one another. It is the season of unselfishness. So the spirit of Santa Claus is the spirit of love.

24. Forgiveness- Just think of all the misery sin has caused. It is one of the greatest gifts we can receive and one that we do not deserve.

25. For my amazing daughter- She has taught us so much about life through little eyes. That we need to stop and enjoy the moment. That it matters NOW and not later. She makes us a better person. She smiles and lights up a room.





The world is a beautiful and amazing place to live. Be thankful for what you have and think of those who are in need.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful list and I'm so thankful for so many of the same things that you are! I could just about write that same list.

    I'm glad we are friends! Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete