Thursday, November 18, 2010

Our house is a diaster. Why must I buy stuff with glitter? It is everywhere. But HG is having a blast. She loves it. My heart is happy. I even gave in on some Dora Christmas wrapping. Man, I am seriously becoming a softy. A wuss. :)HG's school is rather small since it only goes up to 4 year old and the classes are very limited. Together they organized the food drive, the kids got to take the items to the truck to be loaded and then took a class picture. • 13 Turkeys
• l8 Packages/Cans of Gravy
• 5l Cans of Soup and Broth
• 6, Boxes of Stuffing, Potatoes, and Rice
• 107 Cans, of Vegetables
• 18 Cans of Fruit !x Cranberry Sauce
• l7 Cans of Pie Filling !x Pie Crusts
• 8 Misc. Baking Items
• l Misc. Condiments
• 7 Cans/Bags of Pasta
• 16 Jars of Baby Food/Formula
• 6 Misc. Beverages
• 9 Misc. Bread/Corn Bread
• 1 Gift Card
Grand Total - 357 Items
Way to go CDC and the families!!
Lyndsey's Ornaments
If you can't decide on that perfect gift for that hard to buy person, think about an ornament. A super sweet friend that I have known forever has started making these. They are really good and priced really well. Typically, a hand painted one at a Christmas Market runs around $60. She charges $20-$25 and if lots of detail, $30. It does take time and patience but she can work with you as to when you need the gift. Send me an email if interested and I will pass along her number.
Chris is still in North Carolina and I have been sitting on the phone all day today. Each time that it rings, I jump with excitement. I was hoping for more information as to where we are heading. There is a BIG meeting today as to where we are heading. They might not get anything resolved or by day light we might know our future. We've decided that we are good with anywhere, we have our little precious family, our health, working on a great team and can make the best of any town. While we would love to wake to the mountains each morning and miss our friends there terribly, Tulsa is close to hunting in Arkansas for Chris and our families. We are very Blessed to be part of this exciting future and have decided we are just going to go with the flow.
I felt like Santa's elf today rushing around trying to finish the Holiday shopping while HG was at MDO. With Chris leaving in 12 days and us in like 22/23 days, we are coming up on the end of shopping days. Katherine and I were talking today while the kids were playing about how we are both typically finished by now. I'm stressing a little but know it will work out. Plus, the ones we have left to buy for would probably rather gift cards anyway.
Well, that is all for now. HG has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours after no nap at MDO and our lovely neighbors waking us up at 5:10am. I'm beat. Can't wait for my shows and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment