Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday ramble

A few things for Wednesday:

  • We made our first batch of chili yesterday and then put it in the crock pot for a few hours on low. There isn't a single bite left over.
  • Poppy & Uncle Ryan flew back from LA yesterday, had dinner and then headed home. It was a great visit but we're sad Poppy didn't stay the night and shop today. :(
  • Uncle Ryan was 1 of 2 people they let into his graduate program at UCLA this Spring. Apparently it is one of the hardest schools in the Country to get into. All his hard work and dedication is paying off and we're super proud of him. HG is ready to see Uncle Ryan at the beach. I don't think she really knows how far he is going to go but knows she gets on a big plane to visit. Thank goodness for Skype. Not sure what we would do with out it.
  • Mia fell and broke her knee cap in two. She slipped in the bathroom on wet tile and will have surgery early next week. Poor Mia, we are praying for a speedy recovery. She'll be staying up at my Aunt's for a while and it just so happens that we are heading there after Christmas for a mini vacation. Chris is very excited about fishing, hunting and doing manly things.
  • C's grandmother is still in pain but recovering. If you could say a little prayer for her, it would be greatly appreciated. It is hard to be stuck in a bed and needing help doing simple things. Bless her heart!
  • Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Besides being thankful for so many things, I am beyond ready for some dressin'. Or dressing as we're supposed to say. Yum, my mouth waters just thinking about it.
  • We're marking off our list and only have a handful of people left to buy for. Our parents of course and trying to decide on that perfect gift.
  • The apartment behind us had a leak in their bath tub so they are having to refinish the entire thing. Our apartment smells of Nail Polish remover. It is terrible. Better than a meth lab like I thought. ha! Hopefully we will be able to turn our air and air vents back on tonight.
  • We got $200 back from our apartment lease, score! I used an apartment locate and we got $200 back just for using them. It took a while but couldn't come at a perfect time. I know a little red head girl that wants a doll house.
  • Lunch today was supposed to be at Aspen Creek. Not sure what happened but we had chicken salad, chicken nuggets, celery, nacho cheese dorito's, cheeto's and pretzels. Oh and Brownies for dessert. I think we are working on those Holiday pounds a little early. HG and I were both inhaling the cheetos and dorito's.
  • I am going to finish addressing our Christmas cards today while HG naps (if she naps). I will feel so good to have them finished and can mail next week while home.

Well, that is it for now. I'll post some pictures later. I have Hg showing me flash cards and I just got one wrong. Black Pentagon. She knew it. I called it a black hexagon. We're hoping for Uncle Ryan's brains and a full ride to Notre Dame!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I love chili!

    Email me your mailing address...I want to send you a Christmas card....
    njweseman@yahoo.com

    Saying a prayer for your needs listed here. I hope everyone is ok!

    ReplyDelete