Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy, cloudy Monday


water bottle lables for the shower.
HG's gift to baby Piper.
Fresh fruit for MDO.
I sent a piece of my heart to MDO with her. :)



It is just me and my sweet thing for the next couple of days.

The hubby is back in Louisville finalizing our kitchen.

HG woke this morning asking if daddy left her his Ipad or took it him.

Storms rolled through just before 4 this morning.

By 4, the hail was coming down.

All I could hear was dings.

HG slept through most of it but when the thunder really began, she got scared.

Mommy to the rescue.

Then the power went out.

House was silent for a long time.

I laid in bed stressing if the hubby set his cell phone or not.

Or if his flight was delayed.

But he managed to get up and make his flight.

In all the nasty weather.

The hubby said he had a rough flight.

Went right through the middle of the front.

Hail, wind, lighting, thunder, etc.

Really rough landing.

And a two year old on her first flight.

The mom, she didn't speak English.

Or Spanish.

So no one was able to communicate with her.

After a few threats of returning to the gate, she managed to control her toddler.

Who still yelled all the way to NC.

What a way to start a day!




My sweet friend Nicolle, sent me an email about this.

I am soooo glad she did.

We would have been one of the angry parents.

I'm so sorry that they went through something like this.

Why on earth are companies going to make products that stain for toddlers?

Don't they know they are messy enough on their own?

Goodness gracious!

Along with those, we are throwing out Elmo bath tablets.

They stain the fingers so bad.

And the tub if you don't rinse really well.


We had to break out of our apartment this afternoon.

The mess was growing larger.

The little one needed some sunshine.

Ran to the office to book HG's birthday.

Went to the Dollar store.

Where HG picked out the prettiest basket ever.

Much sarcasm in my voice.

Then a run through Chick Fil A for two kids meals.

And Lots of honey mustard.



We put together the basket from HG (us) to Piper.

And almost finished her diaper cake.

Both are terribly cute.

The diaper wreath is already in Texarkana waiting on the party.

While being so crafty, we decided to make water bottle labels.

A D O R A B L E.

Now, just seeing how I want to print them.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun baby gift basket you put together!

    I love the heart shaped sandwich! :))

    OMG, I got nervous just hearing about Chris' flight. I've been on a couple like that now, and they are no fun. I don't like the rough flights!

    I think I read that Crayola spent like 20 years or something making those colored bubbles. I am SOOOO surprised they ever passed any QC and made it to the consumer market. TOTAL DISASTER! :)) Thanks for reposting the link. I didn't want to disparage the company, but wow, I had to warn other moms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute water bottle labels and an adorable gift basket. I loved the heart shaped sandwich too. I've never got to make one of those...my son does NOT like bread! :(
    New kitchen?! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete