Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crockpot Whole Chicken

I've been wanting to cook a whole chicken for sometime now.
The meat is so moist.
Great for dinner one night.
Fajitas or tacos the next.
The hubby would rather his chicken be cooked like this.
The little one with the newly found attitude as well.
She always wants grilled chicken.
Always.





Crock pot whole chicken

This is the recipe I started with.


I did not use 4 teaspoons salt.


I actually didn't add any salt expect for what might be mixed in the seasonings all ready.


I also didn't use any cayenne.


I used a little Slap Your Momma.


But yes on the paprika, minced onion, minced garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, black pepper, and a dash of ground mustard.


Quite the mixture huh?


I mix well in a small bowl.


Looks like a lot of spices.


It is.


I got my bird on a cutting board and lathered in extra virgin olive oil.


Just enough to make it slippery, to hold onto those yummy spices.


Then I cover my bird with spices.


Rubbing well so he is completely covered.


Load him up on the grate in the crock pot and cook on low.


I think it was complete in 3 hours.


I left in there 4 1/2 but turned to warm at 3 1/2.


It was sooooo yummy!


The husband was going back for thirds.


The little one had seconds.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to cook a whole chicken, but they scare me. haha. OK, do you have to wash it first, and are there any insides you have to take out??? I'm definitely trying this recipe!!!! I don't have one of those little wire racks either. Do I need one? Help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicolle, it is so easy!! I'll email you more detail.

    ReplyDelete