Sunday, March 13, 2011

What is sleep?




So what were YOU doing at 3:30 this morning?
Probably sleeping right?

Not I.
Not HG.
Daddy was.
Oh how I envied him.

We weren't playing.
We weren't crying.
We weren't puking.


We were tossing and turning.
We were drinking milk.
LOTS of it.
I made her switch to water around 7:30.


Finally gave into Zytrec.
AND motrin.
Only after a million sneezes.
And flying green snot.
Allergies.
Or her top molars.
I've just about given up on those bad boys.


She seems fine today.
Probably more than fine.
It is after 6 and still no nap.
It isn't because she didn't spend time bed.
From 3-5, she was in bed.
A snack, and then climbed back in bed at 6.
She just won't sleep.:(

Momma on the other hand is exhausted.
Beyond exhausted.
Ours lights didn't turn off until 1:30.
Thanks to the elephants.
I was up by 3:30.
Much tiredness going on.
Mr. Sandman has been in my eyes all day.


Oh sweet bedtime please hurry up.
Don't think I won't being dosing her with mortrin tonight.
And maybe turning on Mr frog to help her breathe.
And stopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond for another noise maker.
Anything to give us all sleep.


On a positive note, we had a lovely lunch with the Bells today.
She looked ADORABLE.
So proud of her red dance shoes.
Or her Dorothy shoes.
Chris was working so we went for a visit.
HG did really well for most of it.
2 hours at a table is just too long for a toddler to be expected to behave.
It was good visiting with them.
Lynn wanted to baby sit HG this week so we could have a date.
Now I NEVER turn down a chance for a spare moment.
Ever.
Our schedules just didn't meet up well.
Being spring break, we have stuff planned.
Then they leave on Thursday.
Then we leave on Monday.
Then Chris leave the week after.
Then we leave the 16-24.
Our schedule is madness until the end of April starting this week.
Hopefully we can find a day in there, I would love to see a movie or two.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. You just won the Dora the Explorer Magazine at my blog. Your e-mail isn't linked to your profile so if you can send your shipping info to eclipsed823@aol.com I can forward your info to the company.

    ReplyDelete