Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mastered Turkey

Isn't he just the cutest thing?!?
Tea party & umbrellas inside.

So I've been dealing with this.


Not sure what is going on.


Thank goodness for a rental.


Thank goodness for a steam cleaner.


The girl has three different pottys.


Ground turkey is hard to cook.



Well, hard to flavor I should say.



While it is healthy for you.....



lean beef just tastes better.



The turkey has more protein, less cholesterol, and less fat.



The husband turns his lips up to it.



It has just happened to be on sale lately.



1.25 pounds for $3.



Hard to pass up.







So...the key is to season, season, season.



We decided on spaghetti for dinner early this morning.



I cooked the meat around 3:30 and seasoned with a variety of stuff while cooking.



In the slow cooker, I added mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, tomatoes.



I added the meat once cooked and seasoned well.



I then sauteed yellow bell pepper, celery, carrots and onions.



They were the only vegetables in the fridge.



Poured in slow cooker and stirred.



I set sit between low and warm for 4 hours.



It makes a world of a difference.



The meat was seasoned just perfectly.



The husband had no idea it was turkey until after dinner.



The little one ate two servings and a bowl full of green beans.



It must have been good for her to eat her vegetables.





Or it could have been the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking that fooled everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I have only used ground turkey once. I think I didn't season it right, b/c I just didn't like it. I would love to try it in spaghetti or something though!

    ReplyDelete