Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wear green

While HG was bathing last night, I snuck out for cookies and something green.
Today is HG's St. Patrick's Day party at school.
We had nothing green.
Nothing.
We spent many hours walking the Galleria yesterday.
She said no to all green shirts.
She wanted pink.
She wanted purple.
Luckily, this morning she was so excited about the party she didn't put up a fight.
The Colleyville Walmart was out of kid St Patrick's Day shirts.
Really?
A week before?
I decided on a cute little outfit.
I don't typically shop at Walmart for clothes so I was quite please with my purchase.
$6 for the leggings and short sleeve top.
From the BIG GIRL section.
Size 4!
Fits perfectly.
And is REALLY cute.
Oh my goodness.
She isn't that big.
Promise.




On a sad note, a dear family friend passed away yesterday afternoon.
She and mom were really close.
I've known her all my life.
We worked at CASA together.
My dad went to school with her mom.
My sister cooked her dinner many nights each week.
Our girls played together.
That kind of family friends.
For ages.
She has a 4 year old and a 7th grader.
I've known the husband my whole life as well.
She was loved by all.
Oh so loved.
Wish we all would have told her more.
She was beautiful.
She will forever live in all of our hearts.
Hug your loved ones, all it takes is a split second and they can slip away.



Back to happiness.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the American Cancer Society's new commercial.
Happy Birthday does have a new meaning to many.
It brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it.
Now, we sing along and pray for those celebrating their Birthdays.
Or this who are fighting to be able to celebrate their new Birthday.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE these.
I might have had the whole bag already and it is only 12:30.
Once you pop, you can't stop has take on a whole new meaning.


Chris is back working shifts this week.
It is so nice being on a schedule.
So nice!
He is off Saturday.
And it will be so nice outside.





No pictures for today.
No fun, I agree.
I spent all afternoon with a little one and bathroom troubles.
I spent a little time scrubbing the carpet.
I hate carpet.
I spent a little time cooking.
Pan fried pork chops, brussel sprouts, rice and broiled Parmesan roma tomatoes.


Check out this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment