Monday, March 28, 2011

The wonderful Hill country

It wouldn't be dancing if HG wasn't shaking her booty. We were lucky enough to spend last week touring around San Antonio. And catching up with dear friends. The husband and I left part of our heart in New Braunfels when we moved to Colorado. We'll always love that place. So at a chance to open a store in San Antonio, of course we jumped on it. Out of so many pad sites and existing buildings, we found one. UNO. What a shame. The one we found is pretty perfect. And would do wonderful. But pretty pricey. In a new area. There are so many things to consider when opening a new place. A million things to consider would be about a million things too short. It will make your head spin for sure. At the same time, it is amazing what you learn. Things you never even think about when running a Restaurant. While touring SAT, we stayed with our friends, the Boatrights. Cristin and I met back in 1999. We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings. Our kids are 6 months apart. Chris kept telling her that it wasn't a belly bug at our house. Oh my goodness, the excitement when she called to tell me. The husband, well he laughed. He just knew it. They have a wonderful house in New Braunfels. And they just let us take it over. Cristin, Joey, Chris and I all worked for the same company for many years. We always enjoy spending time with them. Between touring SAT, playing in the warm temps, we spent the remaining time eating. From pizza to everything under the sun at Logan's to Carino's to Rudy's, I'm sure we each gained our fair share of weight. A trip down South wouldn't be complete without seeing the husband's best friend. They live in Liberty Hill. Oh my goodness, I just love that area. They are also HG's God parents. We couldn't have asked for better God parents. They also have two of the most precious little boys. HG loved playing with all the trains and trucks. And in their 1 acre yard. See don't you miss living in the Country? I know I sure do. They took us to Dahila's for from chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and fried okra. Some of the best food I have ever eaten. The bread pudding and Blondie brownie weren't to shabby either. We were terrible at taking pictures. The camera didn't come out once. We are officially horrible. I mean who goes on a wonderful trip and doesn't take pictures?? Luckily, I snapped a few with my cell phone..
Being silly in the car.

Daddy had no idea he was covered in stickers.
Don't you just love how she crashed 5 minutes before arrival.
Playing at the Eastlicks.

Love some Rudy's BBQ.
It was a hit with HG too.
Mastering the game.

(which was really hard)
Yummy Carino's.
HG and Chica.
Warm afternoon in the yard.
Dancing.

Jumping.


Enjoying some ribs at logan's.

1 comment:

  1. I love Rudy's bbq!

    That looks like a lot of fun. I do love that area too. Would love to live there. Kevin was in San Antonio when we met, and I almost moved down there. Sometimes I wish I would have!

    SO sorry we are not free tomorrow. We are open next week!!! Are you? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete