Friday, March 4, 2011

Homemade Pizza night

Nothing brings a family closer than spending time together.




We do homemade pizza nights often.


HG loves pizza.


Chris loves pizza and beer night.


Win-win situation and everyone is happy.




Tonight I threw in whole wheat precooked crust.


I should have used Nicolle's recipe for cauliflower crust.


Also, she just went on a spectacular trip to Oahu.


Check out our blog for pictures so real that you will feel like you are there.


Thanks Nicolle for giving us our beach fix for now.




Back to the pizza.


HG really enjoys helping me in the kitchen.


I try to find her daily jobs so she feels like a helper.


Maybe putting up the silverware from the dishwasher.


Or setting the table.


Or helping me clean out the fridge.


So pizza night at our place is a big deal.


BIG DEAL.


She gets to put all the stuff on the pizza.


And make a mess.


She loves it.


I love it.


Chris loves us being happy.


And handing him a beer.


Beer just sometimes goes with pizza.


Right?




Well tonight, we were starved.


HG wanted chicken, celery and ranch while she waited on the pizza to cook.
That is after her afternoon snack of pickles and nacho cheese Doritos's.
Healthy right?
Her favorite.
I had a cup of Edamame.


This is the result:


Poor baby girl passed out.
She didn't take an afternoon nap today.
She did take an hour nap after she woke this morning.
Full belly.
Chris was on the phone with Uncle Mark.
For over an hour.
There might have been 3/4 of a pizza gone when he got off the phone.
Lucky him, we made two!
Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, pizza and beer are the perfect combo! I love homemade pizza nights! You are so sweet to say that about my pictures. I think I'm still on Hawaii time, and will be for a while....it definitely mellows you out and gives you a new perspective on life! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm! Now I totally want pizza!

    ReplyDelete