Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake





I love Steel Magnolia's.

One of my all time favorite movies.

I've been watching it for what seems like forever.

Great quotes through out the entire thing.




Truvy: It's a cup of flour, a cup of sugar and a cup of fruit cocktail with the juice, and you mix and bake at 360 until gold and bubbly.

Clairee: Sounds awful rich!

Truvy: I know, that is why I serve it over ice cream to cut the sweetness.






The little one has been making me this cake for a while during bath time.

Then it went off.....DING DING.

Why not let her make the real thing?

I could have sworn I made this before.

I mean I really thought I had.

For the life of me, I can't remember.

Pregnancy brain?



So easy.

Almost too easy.

It was good.

Better with ice cream or whipped cream on top.

Very low fat.

Very high in sugar.

We used light syrup (you need the syrup).

We used light fruit cocktail.

I had 3 pieces in one setting.

Guess it wasn't too bad.




What you need:


1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of self rising flour and 1 cup of fruit cocktail (with juices)


Mix well together


Place in a butter greased round pie pan


Bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your post on FB and was going to ask for the recipe. How easy and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete