Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Update

Harper and I are still holding strong.

We've gained an extra 13 days so far.

So pretty much two extra weeks of growth for baby.

It is simply amazing.

Words can't express how grateful I am of this extra growth.

There is a HUGE difference from a 31 weeker and a 33 weeker (Sunday).

BIG difference.

Less NICU time.

Not only that, she has gained over a full pound since being here.

I've gained 4 pounds alone since last Wednesday.

One week, four pounds.

Grow baby grow.

The fluid is down down from Monday.

First measurement was exactly a 5.

Second look around was a 6.5.

The last pocket may or may not have been a "pocket of fluid".

I'll take it.

Anything below a 5 is bad.

No more IV fluids or at least that is the plan for now.

So here we are sitting at our last few days before her arrival.

I was told no breakfast tomorrow morning.

Just in case.

Chris and I both feel it will be Friday afternoon.

Not sure why, just a feeling.

I've had a dream from the get go that I delivered on October 24.

What IF that was really September 24 and I just assumed it as October?

I have no idea if my dr is on call this weekend, it should be about his rotation time.

I also had a dream that we adopted a little boy before Harper was one.

Those strange pregnancy dreams let me tell ya.

Or are they?

Regardless of my wild and crazy dreams, she will be soon.

Are we ready?

Are you ever truly ready for a baby?

Or a NICU baby?

We are scared, nervous, excited.....

If you have an extra prayer, please say it for her strength.


__________________________________________________________________


I picked up a few things for HG from Harper...okay, us.

I had hoped she would love a pumpkin one or kitty one.

Nope, I want the spider one momma.
The dress, it isn't white but light pink.

Imagine that, pink clothing.

Along with the adorable dress that won't be in for about 2 weeks, I have been putting paypal to use.

I found a Jessie from Toy Story hair brush.

She will love it.

HG is really into Fresh Beat Band right now and it is SO HARD to find their stuff.

I luckily found a t shirt on Ebay.

It isn't the cutest thing ever.

I'm sure she will think different.

But will work great for around the house and bedtime.

I ordered it pretty big.

She will just about pass out over that.

Harper's beanies.

Aren't they cute?

They are preemie and to 5 pounds.

They fit in the palm of your hand, so tiny.

I just ordered simple and plain ones until we really know her size.




Well, the husband is taking a break from the hospital.

I'm snuggled in bed.

I'm addicted to the Kardashians.

Goodness, I have been missing out.

That show is too funny.

I thought I was going to wet my pants twice today.

They say the funniest things on there.



No comments:

Post a Comment