Friday, January 11, 2013

Colorado

The husband and I flew out to Colorado Thursday morning for a Christmas dinner. I'm not sure I've ever been so spoiled. Ever. Many unexpected gifts brought that giddy little kid feeling alive inside of me. The husband's boss and his wife are hands down the best hosts. We could never begin to say thank you enough.

Not only was the Christmas celebration far more than we could ever expect, they invited us up to their house in Breckenridge for the weekend. We debated on bringing the girls, they were bringing their kids for the weekend. While I know HG would have loved it, Harper would have been stuck inside and most likely HG as well. The highs were close to zero. Then add play off games in Denver, airports full of sick people and then well just flying with two kids it sounded like a lot of work. But I know both girls would have enjoyed themselves with the other kids running around. Their trip to the slopes is not too far away.

We woke to the temperature bouncing from 17 below zero to 11 below zero. It was a little cold for us to brave the mountain so we have spent the day cooking, eating and watching football. It is nice and warm inside for sure.

We're heading home tomorrow and can not wait to hug my babies. I've even debated flying stand by earlier just to see them but all flights are full. HG and mom will come home Monday and we are lucky to have her stay a few days. Always nice a nice treat for us all.

1 comment:

  1. Your time away in Colorado sounds like a dream. I'm glad it was so nice for you guys!

    ReplyDelete