Monday, June 13, 2011

3 step meal- Santa Fe Chicken Tacos



I saw this recipe over on A Year of Slow Cooking.

I mentioned it to the husband and he was sold.

I liked the idea of simple ingredients and a slow cooker.

Makes my day much easier.


You need 2 pounds of chicken, Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme and Fire roasted tomatoes.

Toss in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours or until chicken tears apart.

The sauce was somewhat saucy but once I added a little masa flour and shredded the chicken, it was perfect. Also, when I turned off the slow cooker, the sauce thickened too.


We used tortillas while pairing with lime black beans and taco rice. Couldn't leave out the salsa and chips.



We all enjoyed this dinner tonight.

Beyond easy.

We will be making it again.

The little one loves anything in a taco.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious. I've got to try some of those cheese blends too. I keep hearing about how yummy they are!

    ReplyDelete