Thursday, July 7, 2011

Destin vacation

We're still here in Destin.
I could totally spend another week being here.
Our friends headed to the airport this morning.
We were sad to see them leave.
We've had a lot of fun.



Just a few exciting things we did this week....


Saw lots of dolphins on a dolphin cruise.
The big girls got to drive the boat.
Such fun!


Looking for the dolphins.

HG, Harper Elizabeth and I watching for dolphins. The husband and HG.


HG was unsure of Mr Dolphin.

Miss KK and Mr Dolphin
Who said travel bags couldn't make great toys?




Picture from Kristen @ Kristen Vest Photography

Hanging out with Miss KK in the tent.

My belly is growing with Miss Harper Elizabeth.

Picture from Kristen @ Kristen Vest Photography
Loves the beach.

Picture from Kristen @ Kristen Vest Photography

Love these girls.

Picture from Kristen Vest@ Kristen Vest Photography.
Lots of room to run.

Picture from Kristen @ Kristen Vest Photography
Playing on the green.

A lil' Noxema heals a sleepy girl with a sunburn.

Miss KK protecting her pretty little face.



We each had a date night.

The husband and I dined (a incredibly late dinner, 10pm) at Dewey's Destin.

If you haven't been, it is a must.

Dewey's has been around for a long time.

Kind of looks like a dive.

So yummy.

After an hour wait and a hot creamy crab dip, we were seated outside.

The husband had fried shrimp and blacked mahi mahi.

I had steamed spicy shrimp, corn and new potatoes.

I really wasn't hungry.

Lunch didn't happen until 4.

I knew I would regret not eating though.

How often is your seafood as fresh as it is in Destin?



Kristen also some family pictures for us.

She is so talented!

I can't wait to see them.



Today, the little one and I have been doing laundry, mopping and cleaning.

The husband is almost back from the airport and Winn Dixie.

I think we'll head to the beach for a couple of hours.

Looks like clouds are rolling in.

I'm hoping for a nice sunny afternoon.

Lots of sand castle building today.

HG has an ear ache, more like swimmers ear.

We've started drops.

I'd still like to keep her out of the water.

Even with ear plugs in.




Prayer Request:

A sweet friend is in need of prayers.

Lots of prayers.

She is improving and will hopefully be taken off the ventilator and life support today.

She is finally breathing back on her own again.

She was sitting on the front of the boat, fell off and was scored by the prop.

Internal injuries and a cut from stern to belly button that is open.

They tried to wean her off a couple of times without success.

Yesterday, she was breathing almost all on her own.

A huge improvement from earlier this week.

The prayer warriors are working.

Please keep them coming.

She is just the sweetest thing.




Have a wonderful Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. The color of that water makes me drool! :) So gorgeous. I am glad you've had such a great time. All of the photos are so good.

    Praying for your sweet friend. What a horrible accident. I am so sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete