Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken tacos

This is a spin off from a wonderful pork carnita recipe my friend Toni shared with me.
Oh how we love that recipe.
It is one of those toss in and leave meals.


What you need:
6 chicken breasts
1 jar salsa Verde
1/2 of a large onion, diced
1 can rotel
packet of taco seasoning

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker, stir and cook on low for 6 hours. I pulled out the chicken, shredded it and tossed it back in the slow cooker to serve with the juices.

Verdict: Wonderful. I ate 4 tacos and loved the flavor of each one. I didn't even need to top with topping, just the ingredients.


I ran to take a few pictures and of course camera battery is dead.
I need to get better about pictures.
Goodness!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!!! I want to make it with the chicken too. YUM! Also I thought of a beef tenderloin this way too??! I am so glad you shared this one, and the pork one with me a while back. I think we've made the pork 3 times now and we love it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete