Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Easy Chicken Divine

Our dinner tonight was a last minute kind of thing.

I'm thankful I had all the ingredients on hand.



What you need:

2 lbs chicken, cooked and cubed

10 oz package of broccoli, cooked

garlic powder to taste

dash of Tabasco

1 can cream of chicken soup

1/2 C mayo

3/4 C bread crumbs

1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese



Spread the chicken in the bottom of your baking pan. Make sure you greased it.
Next, arrange the broccoli over the chicken.
Season with garlic and Tabasco.
Blend soup with mayo.
Dribble over the chicken and broccoli.
mix the bread crumbs and cheese.
Sprinkle over the chicken and broccoli.

Bake at 350F until bubbly and lightly browned (this won't be very long).

HG loves this.
She wanted rice to go with it.

I tried to sneak in healthy organic brown rice packed full of vitamins.

Couldn't fool the little one.

So I sprinkled a little cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar.

Tasted just like oatmeal.

Still demanding her white rice.

I didn't give in.

Go Momma!


Tomorrow is HG's Vday party.
She is beyond excited.
Picked out her outfit many moons ago.
It is short sleeves.
It is freezing outside.
We're trying to compromise right now.
I'm worried about the class going outside for their 20 minutes on the play ground.
Surely they won't.
I mean it will be below freezing.
Surely they won't.
After school, we are headed to my cousin's house for a visit.
My Aunt Susie flew in yesterday and we haven't seen her in a bit.
HG will get to play with her adorable cousins.
3 little red heads.
Oh so much fun.
5 if you add myself and cousin to the picture.
6 if you count my cousin's husbands strawberry Blonde hair.
We can't wait!
Chris is enjoying Orlando and the weather.
He was invited to a dinner with the Resturant Supply Company, Ed Don.
Sounded like a lot of fun.
Tomorrow is the big show.
Picking out equipment for the store.
I think it is funny that the Area Kitchen Director is so excited about one of our possible locations.
Like crazy excited.
I take it as a compliment.
Who knows where we will go.
I think our gut knows.
You are always supposed to trust your gut right?
Well, I just poured a small glass of wine to enjoy.
The little one is almost asleep.
I love how CVS has a refill online.
I love how you can order to another Pharmacy.
I love how simple it is.
I love how I don't have to go deal with the CVS on the Grapevine-Colleyville border anymore.
I do however dislike that you need an extra couple of days when you order it online.
Thank goodness I ordered it in time.
Pharmacies are so super busy right now.
My prescription is very important too.
I promise you it is.
~Here's to February being a GRAND month~

2 comments:

  1. OOOO...I have chicken thawing for tomorrow night. I'm always looking for a new chicken dish. I think I have all of this on hand too. Thank you for posting such a tasty-sounding recipe!

    Yum...a glass of wine sounds wonderful. You're my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really good!!

    I have another chicken dish for tonight.

    ReplyDelete