Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow/Iced IN!




Are you sure we aren't in Colorado any more? Below freezing windshield temps, blizzards, many days cooped up insides by the fire, snow plows and brutal winds. Could have fooled me!

People move to Texas to stay away from the crazy weather.


I guess it followed them.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good snow and below freezing temps but not the typical Texas snow. It is not real snow so to speak. It is mainly ice. Dangerous ice. Falling and breaking bones ice. Wreck causing ice. Not lovely white snow, just enough to try and fool everyone.


I'll be sipping hot chocolate, chi lattes and eating my John Wayne casserole this morning. HG is still asleep. 14 hours right now. She keeps snoring. I keep laughing. They are manly snores coming from my little princess.


Our John Wayne Casserole
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles, drained
1 lb. Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
1 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
4 Egg whites
4 Egg yolks
2/3 C evaporated milk
1 Tbsp. flour
salt, pepper to taste
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
I started off by preheating the oven to 325 F.
In a large bowl, I added the cheeses and chiles. Pour in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
In the same bowl, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
In a separate bowl, I combined the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, pepper and blended until blended well. Using a rubber spatula, I gently folded the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture in casserole; with fork. Gently push through cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with sliced tomatoes, overlapping around casserole dish.
Bake 30 minutes longer.
You can garnish with chopped green chiles .
I added Crystal's hot sauce to my plate.
Lots of cheese, lots of eggs but really good and easy.

_____________________________________________________

Well, I started this around 8:30 and then decided to get up and get things done before HG woke. I am just now returning, imagine that.



She is in the bath acting like it is a swimming pool. In 15 degree weather.

I'm hoping for no tidal waves today.

Just got everything washed from yesterday's event.Around lunch, we had a little craft time.
Valentine's Day projects and a Birthday frame for Chris.
HG is really into crafts, coloring and painting.

Our lunch was Broiled Tomatoes Parmesan that I ended up adding a little chicken stuffing to it. Perfect addition!

HG loved them. I loved them.

Let's not forget our daily taco. Today it was turkey and cheese rather than just cheese.

Shocking actually.

Got an email this morning that said a child tested positive for the flu in HG's MDO class. GREAT, the FLU!

HG has had her flu mist so she should be protected. No sickness at our house.

Today was a snow/ice day and the child won't be present on Thursday. Hopefully no one else will catch it.

I found all my handwritten recipes from over the years. One has a 1992 date and my handwriting.

I was 12. I love it!

Can't wait to finish Brooke's recipe box and put it in the mail.

40 RECIPES so far. She'll be so excited.

I'll start posting more of the items. They are usually simple and easy.

What you need with a toddler. With a toddler who wants to help cook.

Momma, momma I need to help you cook. Move over and let me do it.

Still haven't tackled HG's toys or my clothes. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Snow/Ice days equals laziness right?

2 comments:

  1. This weather is nuts. I'm all for a good snow day too, but this is dangerous stuff. Plus, the wind chills are AWFUL!

    That John Wayne casserole sounds fabulous. I want to try to make it! YUM!

    I love the picture of HG in the tub like it's a pool.

    stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there, lollipops & pigtails, nice to "meet" you! I see that you must've found me thru nicolle?! Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday - the snow has officially started and we'll keep getting buried thru tomorrow night - enough already!!

    Your little girl is precious, btw ;-)
    Stay safe down there with all that ice!!

    ReplyDelete