Friday, February 18, 2011

Redneck Dinner

After checking into our hotel in Nashville, we decided it was time to explore.

In the rain.

The Gaylord Opryland, which was full, was directly across the street.

Thy were hosting the NWTF.

What is the NWTF you might ask?


Not this wild turkey
But this wild turkey.







We had no idea there was such a following for wild turkeys.



Wow. Oh wow.


Along with the rain and the cooler temperatures we just kept on driving.



Drove and showed Chris Vanderbilt.


I have many family members who attended this amazing University.


Vanderbilt is just south of an AMAZING downtown.


Such a fun area.


Not exactly kid friendly at night.


Dining places and Country bars as far as the eye can see.


HG enjoyed seeing the bright lights.


Spending two days in the car, she did okay with her motion sickness.


Tonight, I am ever so thankful for that large Sonic cup up front.


I pray our next child won't go through the motion sickness issues that HG has.


Not sure if my car (or future car) and handle puking kids.


That is for sure a way to get Daddy sick.


And Momma too.



Back to sight seeing.


We decided that it was dinner time, HG needed food and it would be best to head back towards the hotel.


We had wanted to try Cock of the Walk.


The parking lot looked full.


I was stressed. A sick little girl in the back.


We opted for Caney Fork.


Oh my goodness gracious alive.


I'm surprised they didn't have squirrel and rattle snake on the menu.


Our food was good, nothing to write home about though.


It was an adventure.

Blue grass music going (which I do really like).


Can't say it will be on our list when we come back to Nashville but if you are ever out this way, worth a walk through.


HG rested most of the dinner as she was still not feeling great.


I think she has her second wind after a warm bath and some motrin.


Chris and I are of course researching and she is watching Mickey on my Ipad.


Watching movies way past her bed time.

________________________________________-

Fast forward to today.

I wasn't able to finish due to HG making herself tee tee over and over to do the tee tee dance.

At midnight.

Like 10 times.

I finally put on a strong diaper and told her to go in there.

Bad mom.

We were exhausted.

It is much cooler today but we're stopping a few places along the way home.

Cooter's.

Loveless Cafe which I am beyond excited about.

Maybe Graceland in Memphis.

And maybe a night in Hot Springs.

Happy weekend!





1 comment:

  1. I am sure motion sickness is very hard to deal with. UGH! Sorry!

    Sounds like you are seeing a lot of great places. Gosh, I only thought it was redneck here in Texas. haha. Sounds like some interesting places. :)

    Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete