Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Special

Believe it or not, this was our first Valentine's Day together in 8 years.
First in 8 years.
I'm not a big Valentine's Day fan.
I don't think Hallmark should remind you to tell people you love them.
It should come natural.
You should remind them daily.
But, I still took advantage of our 1st normal Valentine's Day together.
We've done the late dinner thing at Old C's a few times while living in Colorado.
When I say late dinner, I mean after working our tails off until nearly midnight.
Having HG makes it special and so we celebrated!
Steamed Lobster
Stuffed portbello mushrooms
Asparagus
Sauteed squash
Italian creme cake
Rice
Wine
It was delicious!

This morning, HG refused to go to school unless she wore her ballet shoes.
She loves her ballet shoes.
Her ballet shoes tore a hole in the toe.
No more ballet shoes.
So many tears today.
She learned a lesson about ballet shoes on the play ground.
Wasn't today amazing?
Yesterday as well?
I hear rain is in our near future.
Please, no rain.
The sun is good for the soul.
Chris and HG are packed.
I am next.
We head out in the morning for our adventures.
Such fun!
First stop, Sulphur Springs to see family.
Next, Texarkana for a dinner celebration at Zapata's.
Chris can't get enough of that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment