Thursday, February 3, 2011

No MDO AGAIN!






School is canceled once again.

I knew it was coming, just didn't want to believe it.
Make up days are at the end of May so I will be glad when it comes around I'm sure.

We have to get out. Post office, rent and to pick Chris up at DFW.
And the the dr if whatever is stuck in my throat doesn't go down.

It felt like a chicken leg.
Seriously. And we were eating chicken.
No more good value chicken. No way!

I lived in Colorado for a few years and rarely ever missed work or couldn't get out of the house.
One time, in December, is really the only time I can remember. Three blizzards in a couple of short weeks.
I had no wine, no beer and very little food,

But like I said in my last blog, I am forever THANKFUL for a house to go stir crazy in. For heat, warm water and hot food. Each of us who have that is Blessed. Can you imagine one homeless night? A week without food or water?


After dinner, while truing to get whatever is stuck in my throat free, we cleaned out HG's toys. I knew we had a lot of freebies from Happy Meals or various places but I never realized how much we really had! Oh my goodness gracious,

We have so much, SO MUCH!

We also boxed up all the toys for babies. I kept them out or most of the because we thought we would have another one by now. It didn't go as planned. So for now, they are in our storage unit at the apartment. It is easy pull out for when little ones come and play. But, it gave us a little more room for her big toys.

I think everyone and their momma gave HG a stuffed animal.

WOW, they are so dang many of them.

My clothing has a nice warm pile. Stuff that doesn't cover my belly went in the pile. Tops that I put on and did the oh my goodness why on earth did I think this looked good went in the pile. One day, I will replace with new clothing. One day when all of our items are out of storage. One day when we can kind everything.



Last night for dinner we tried something a little different.
Something that included the word pie.

Pie is great right?

What about BLT Pie?

The Husband and daughter love bacon and tomatoes so I figured what the heck.
Different. Really different. Did I hate it? Absolutely not. Did I love it? Absolutely not. Was it good? Absolutely.

Like I said, it was oddly good.

What you will need if you are daring enough to try it:
12 slices bacon (real bacon, the turkey bacon didn't work well)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup mayo
3/4 cup milk
Salt, pepper
2 eggs
2 tablespoons mayo
1 cup shredded lettuce
6 slices tomato

Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees and spray a 9 inch glass pie pan.
Cook the bacon in the microwave until crispy, crumble and layer in the bottom of the pie pan mixed with the cheese.
In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick, milk, salt, pepper and eggs with a wire whisk until mixed thoroughly. Pour into pie pan over the cheese and bacon mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Spread 2 tablespoons mayo over the top of the pie. Sprinkle with lettuce and top with a tomato.

Simple, easy and yet oddly okay.
Betty Crocker doesn't publish a recipe that is too bad now does she?



Tonight was a little different. I had thawed chicken. HG was starving by 5. I rushed around to get it done. Somehow I managed to shallow something hard. No idea what it is. It has moved down from the top of my throat but I can feel it stick further down.
It is painful.
Back to my chicken.
HG wanted rice.
What is new?


I took the chicken breasts and sat them in egg whites and milk.
Poured my Italian bread crumbs in a large bowl and added a little paprika.
We like stuff with a little spice.
Toss the chicken into the bread crumbs and place in a shallow baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.

Add some steamed broccoli and you set.


I love fast, last minute meals.

I love helping hands that help me cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment