Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sprouts

Not sure where our day started and where it ended yesterday.


Too many hot wings for dinner turned into a lazy night.

Everything we had planned to do....

Yep, thrown right out the window.

Redbox seemed like the perfect idea.

We don't have a DVD in our room.

We were much too lazy to get out of bed.

Some how, we managed to rig HG's travel DVD player and hook it up to our TV.

Worked wonders.


We watched the movie
RED.

Chris called it Bang bang shoot 'em up.

I called it Shooty Shooty bang bang,


Not a bad movie. Not a movie we'll own.


I guess you can say we've out grown a certain style of movies.


I stayed awake for it all. Surprise!


Lots of pointless gun shots in our opinion.

We like murder and mystery.

All the CSI's, all episodes.

A good murder/mystery book.


I guess we just didn't understand all the pointless bullets in this movie.

We'd rather watch Fireproof. Or True Grit. Or something real.

I do love the CIA though.

And we are both glad we saw it.

Shooty Shooty bang bang.



The movie was over round one.

One as in one in the morning.

At two-thirty, I was up sweating and turning down the heat.

Tree-thirty, the crazy alley cats were own MY porch in MY trash fighting like crazy.

I sat the trash on the back porch because it was nearly 11 and didn't want to take it to the trash bin.

I think I scared those crazy cats to death.

One poor cat stayed back and it's tail was hurt.

I felt so bad for it.

But don't be cat fighting on my porch in the middle of the might.

Four-thirty, HG woke up crying.

Out of the blue.

Much too tired to do anything, I climbed in bed with her and held her.

Right back to sleep.

Five-fifteen, she wanted milk.

She began sounding like a broken record.

Milk it was at nearly five-thirty.

Seven, my alarm went off.

Remember, I said we had been lazy?

No lunch packed, no check written, no back pack ready and no clothes laid out.

Like I said, not sure where Monday ended and Tuesday began.







Thank goodness for MDO this morning.

After dropping off my super excited little one, I headed to Sprouts.

Have I told y'all how much I love Sprouts?

From flax seed to Hansen drinks and coconut water to fresh produce, I'm sold.

I still don't buy eggs, milk or cheese there.

Or wheat thins and mayo.

I only buy Kraft Fat free mayo.

I hate mayo.

$1.99 blueberries
$1.50 package of grape tomatoes
4/$1 navel oranges
.68 a pound squash
Fresh cauliflower for less than a $1
Blackberries 4/$5
Red, green and orange bell peppers .49 each

I all want to do is eat.

Seriously.

But I'm munching on a pop tart. Why? I have no earthly idea. I'm claiming PMS even though I have no PMS. Women can get away with it.

Let's not stop at fresh fruit and vegetables.

I love that they package most of their meat.

They have a great fresh meat counter where you can buy it already seasoned and ready to be cooked.

Most orangic and all farm raised.

I picked up ground chicken ( I've only done that one other time), seasoned meatloaf, boneless pork chop with corn bread stuffing, and stuffed portabello mushrooms that are HUGE!

Let's not forget the freshly made 5 layer dip for $2.47.

Sprouts is a great place to shop and if you shop their weekly deals, you can eat on almost nothing.

You have to know what to look for there and what to buy else where.

I love a good farmer's market.

There is an Alberston's across the street.

Today, they had two guys standing outside holding sign that said '70% off and clearance'.

I didn't have a chance to stop. Chris needed me home and I still had another stop.


One of his BFF's is a manager at Alberston's.


The one in Southlake is closing.


Major clearance.


Like I just emailed Nicolle, I might be in the dog house when I leave that place!









Target is like drinking water to us.

Our car just naturally drives there.

Milk is cheap. HG likes it. I can no longer afford organic milk.

2-3 gallons a week is around $15 each week in milk alone.

I like paying $4.50 for 3 gallons.

Thank you Target.

The main purpose of my target trip today was.....

A DRESS.

A dress for HG's first dance.

Decided I could shell out $20 for an adorable dress.

After I asked Kristen and my mom what they thought,

HG cried when she saw it.

I knew it was worth it no matter the price for those precious tears.

She thinks she is a ballerina in it.

I'm sure she'll start shaking that booty and singing at the dance.

So happy I am working it.

She got her daddy's booty.

Trouble deciding on shoes.

She wants her black dancing shoes.

The dress is such a pale pink.

Better than frog boots though.




Chris had to fly out today rather than tomorrow night due to the incoming weather.

All 3 changed from DFW to Love Field.

He flew out when I had to pick up HG.

She wasn't happy.


Our afternoon was spent outside enjoying the sun. And blowing bubbles.

And blowing more bubbles.

I swept the front and back patio and cleaned the chairs,

She wanted more bubbles and Popsicles.

Then dinner.

I sware, she is a starving child when I pick her up from MDO.

I decided to cook Italian chicken and pasta dish..



Such an easy dish. Such a good dish.

I used whole wheat pasta. Added some squash and a little milk.

HG had seconds. She loves it.

No idea the squash was even in there.

I love fooling the kids into healthy eating.


Snow tomorrow. It was beautiful today.

I don't know about y'all but the sun warms my soul.

I was smiling from the inside out today.

Tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure.

I'll be in need of adult conversation.

I love love love my HG and she talks like a 4 year old.

Somethings are just supposed to be left to adult conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was such a pretty day, I'm afraid we're stuck inside now for a couple of days! :(

    I'm totally going to Sprouts in a few days. And I'm checking out that Albertson's! Thanks for the heads up. Last time i was at Sprouts, I noticed their meat counter and should have picked some stuff up. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete