Saturday, February 19, 2011

Laundry






Dukes of Hazzard Museum.






We were surprised at the places still closed from the flood.



Such sadness.



An entire mall, Opryland Mills, was closed.

While our trip home went well, it did not go as planned.

Our planned lunch place had a 1 hr 45 minute wait.
We were past starving.
Even though most of the meds are out of my system, there is a bit still lingering.
Makes me eat like a 500 pound man.
Seriously.
Amazes Chris that a tiny pill can cause me to eat 3 meals from dinner until bed.
HG had a few bites of Mac n cheese to help with motion sickness.
BUT...
HG had a fever.
HG threw up in the potty.
HG's eyes looked bad.
She felt bad.
ALL before leaving hotel.
HG trying to fill the hands and feet of Country Music.


Only wanting mommy, we managed to get her dressed.
A purple velour sweatsuit.
Over her Dora night gown.
She refused to take it off.
Oh well, it was a Saturday.
And she didn't feel well.


Finding a Wendy's we decided on nuggets.
In a rough area.
Wow.
We survived.
It was gross.

The Loveless Cafe was everything I thought it would be.
And wouldn't be.
It is a old motel for those of you who haven't been.
The smell of smoked ham hits you before you even stepped out of the car.
Of course I wanted to eat again.
I did score some biscuit mix for the next time we are actually at home.
And an order form that I have been working on.
Some of you might be getting a care package one day.

The weather didn't improve until we hit Arkansas.
It was like driving across the state lines, the sun was holding out it's arms.
Welcoming us back into nice weather.
The temps rose 10 degrees.
Our moods improved.
Almost instantly.
Thank goodness.
HG also woke up fro, a nap about this time.
Still with 99.97 F fever.
Not a big fever but opted for Motrin,
Motrin twice in two days and we haven't had any in a long time.
With in an hour, it worked.


We kept on truckin' and decided against Graceland.
We wanted to go.
Not sure about HG.
She was ready to be home to Poppy's.
So were we.
He promised dinner.
She knew it would good.
Carino's Lemon Chicken and ceasar salads.

Picture from Carinos.com


Yummy!
Wile they rested, I swept, mopped and started laundry.
Not sure I could finish it all tomorrow night.
No telling what time we will arrive home.
Lots of construction on I -30.
We have to be at DFW around 9 on Monday.

We are 25 % done with our site tour.
Colorado this week.
San Antonio and College Station after a few days of rest.
Hopefully, we covered it all.
Colorado is almost like going home for us.
We miss it.
Amazing friends all long the front range.
We haven't seen most since July 2007.
That is a long time.
I guess travels and moving keeps you just a little busy.
Great friends pick up where you left off is the best part.
It will be like we all haven't skipped a beat.


Let's talk toddlers.
I know babies don't sleep.
I had a good sleeper in many ways.
In others I didn't.
She is like her daddy.
Stay up all late and sleep in.
What about when she is up at 4?
Tossing and turning until nearly 6.
No fever.
Just uncomfortable.
You think ears, right?
Or her top back molars?
I can't tell if they are in.
Ha!
Really, I can't.
I think there is an extra molar on bottom.
Regardless, she hasn't been wanting to sleep much.
Right as we leave her and fly to CO.
Of course my mind is in over drive.
I know she will be fine.
I know she is SO excited about spending the night with Bella.
Bella is a dog.
When did dogs start getting so a head in life?
I hate leaving her. Hate it. Hate it.
I'm no sure if I'll ever be okay with it.
We have this bond, like I can't describe it.
Maybe it is all the time we spent alone.
Maybe everyone has this bond.
I don't know.
I didn't have I growing up.
I was a Daddy's girl.
She is stuck at my hip. Constantly.
I love it.
At times, I want to scream as any parent would.
But I love it.
I love how our lives have changed.
Raising a child is the most difficult thing you can do.
Raising a child is the most rewarding thing you can do.
You never understand until you are a parent.
I pray Kendall has this bond with their child.
I just know it will be a girl.
I know we will have a house full of girls too.
Such fun. Cousins.
Such drama years.
Our pizza (spinach, mushroom, Alfredo sauce) is ready.
This is after we had 1 pound burgers and large fries for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment