Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back home

After a low key weekend, we are home.

Low key with a belly bug or food poising on Sunday morning. We catch all belly bugs. ALL. It was rough.

We arrived home with moments to share before picking Chris up. HG refused to speak to Chris while he was gone but was thrilled to see her daddy when she woke.

Of course since we had both been gone nearly 2 weeks, we had nothing at the apartment. Not even toilet paper. HG was as excited about Walmart as her daddy being home. Oh my goodness gracious alive kept coming out of her mouth. She is so funny and so innocent.


As you can imagine, we have dirty clothes and luggage everywhere. I washed one load so far. It is noon. Where is my motivation?

I was up with HG at 5:30 trying to help her go to the bathroom. We WILL start Miralax today. For sure. Poor baby. Poor bo-hiney as HG calls it. She was miserable.


I stopped at Target for the stuff I forgot at Walmart last night after taking HG to MDO. When did they start carrying Jr Watkins? I used this on HG's cloth diapers. It is like Meyers. It is a true love affair. Love love love.

Chris got breakfast in bed. 4 count chicken minis and a Dr Pepper. Perfect first breakfast home in our opinion watching the Price is Right. Sweet HG will be highly upset. Better not tell her.

After being gone so long, it is like a mad dash trying to catch up and spend time together before it happens all over again. Have you seen our February? Chris leaves Sunday but I think he gets to spend 2-3 weeks with us. Praise the Lord! I'm so over this traveling stuff for weeks at a time. Totally.not.fair. Yes, I am whining. Totally. Not. Fair.

Currently in the process of looking for a babysitter tonight. Last minute. Probably not going to happen. I wish my parents lived close by. Or wish I had a list of sitters. There is a fundraiser, a super duper fun fundraiser tonight at the HOB that we scored free tickets ($100 each)from a friend. Wish us luck!

I'm enjoying my last few days of being 30. HG thinks it is her birthday on Saturday even though she is singing to me. She thinks every day should be her birthday but heck, who doesn't? Thirty one just doesn't sound as fun thirty. We are going to have a fun, fast paced year but still, it doesn't sound cute like thirty. Make sense.

One of my favorite friends and I are planning our family vacation for this summer. Together. How much fun will that be?!?! Can we please fast forward already? The 3 of us of are ready to go and I know they are too with all that snow.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's got to be hard with Chris traveling all the time. I gripe b/c Kevin works late almost every night, and I know it's not half as bad as if he were traveling!

    That is funny, I just saw that JR Watkins stuff at Target yesterday, now I wish I would have bought some of it. I picked up a bottle of Method pink grapefruit cleaning spray. I love it!

    I hope you get a sitter. Besides our moms or my sister, we don't have a sitter either.

    Happy early birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete