Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap up

My MIL & FIL gave me this lovely blanket, balloons and the bundt cake. I have this style of blanket, somewhere boxed away in storage. I have missed it dearly so HG and I will snuggle under this for an afternoon nap today. Yay for super soft blankets and snuggly afternoons!!


The Drews gave me a gift card to this awesome store. They are so super sweet! It is funny because Carmen must be a mind reader. I drive past this store often and have always wanted to stop. Now, I must!The Wallis family gave me this lovely heart dish bowl set. It is perfect for Valentine's day approaching filled with the oh so yummy dove chocolate candies they gave me as well. HG's eyes were as big as the bowl when she spotted the chocolate!

Laura, Rick & the boys gave me this awesome watch. I love these! They are perfect with kids and way too cute! Navy was one the one color I wanted that I didn't have. Once again, a mind reader I tell ya!
I recieved lots of cards, money from Whit & Bobbie (grandparents), a gift card to Banana Republic from my dad and man wonderful phone calls. It feels so great to be so loved!!! The love has definitely helped lift my heart back up.
Jason, Chris, Jenna & Kristen singing Baby Got Back at Lazy Bones. Talk about belly chuckles!









Do you ever wish time could stand still? Like to savor the moment?





Chris flew home Monday night. He flies out today. It is hard. So hard. We miss him. HG doesn't understand why her daddy has to leave.






We had a great week with him at home. From House of Blues to movies to lots of Mexican food, family, friends, laughter, storage unit, I just don't want it to end. We ache for the day where we live together as a family once again.





Last night, friends and family gathered for a Mexican Birthday dinner at Christina's to celebrate my 31st. It was wonderful gathering with those who could make it even though Christina's was having an off day. A big day off day. Service was slow, no refills on water, no Cafe Lolita, no split checks (one for 20 people), no friendly service. We love Christina's and every place has their bad days but how bad should it get? I will say that 2 out of our party of 20 will return. That 2 is us. I hate that their experience at my birthday was bad enough not to return. We will. We'll give them another try. In Trophy Club. I'm not sure we'll go back to the Southlake one.

This picture of my birthday cake will have to do for now. It is much too dark but you get the idea. I LOVE Nothing Bundt Cakes. Red Velvet with cream cheese icing.




As if the birthday dinner wasn't enough, we celebrated with friends and my dad in downtown Grapevine. Willhoites and Lazy Bones were on the agenda. Sadly, Willhoites was full and much too smokey so we headed too to karaoke. If you haven't been to Lazy Bones, it is a fun little hang out next door to Esparza's, one of or favorite places. I think a good time was had by all and after a quick stop for some terrible late night food, we headed home to 3 sleeping little ones.




Snow/hiking boots for our Colorado trip in a few weeks. I either gave mine away or they are in the bottom of storage.









I had a great birthday weekend. Thank you for all the love, comments and those who made dinner. I love each and every one of you dearly.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend for you. Wishing you a happy birthday and many, many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicolle! Can't wait until Friday. It will be so nice after the weather blowing through early this week.

    ReplyDelete