Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Weekend!

We had to pick Chris up from Love field at 10 last night. I thought she might wake up once we got home to say hi. This is what she did. Poor baby was sleepy!


Not a whole lot going on this week. We rested, cleaned and rested some more. I guess in actuality, this has been a pretty rough week emotionally and all the rest was needed.


  • HG is back at MDO but this week was a fight to go. Hopefully next week will be easier.
  • Chris was in Fayetteville, NC all week but is home now. :)
  • The big Texas A&M/LSU game is tonight and I think most of DFW is already celebrating. Friends began calling at noon for us to meet them around town. Luckily for Chris, he got a very special Christmas gift, a ticket to the game, so he is on the way out there with his brother Mark. I had hoped to tag along for some tailgating but don't feel up to it today. I wish I did. :(
  • HG has a birthday party at 5:30 that we are trying to make. Personally, I think 5:30 on a Friday is a little odd but it will be fun.
  • I've had an emotional week and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. I know it is there and I am searching hard for it. I'm not ready to share but will with time. For now, prayers would be greatly appreciated. No one should have to go through the heart ache I am feeling right now. I like to fix things and make them better. This isn't fixable.
  • No decision as to where we are headed yet. Surprise surprise huh? I know that everyone is working really hard to make a good site selection that will be successful and that we will be happy with.
  • Chris put together a birthday dinner for me at the end of the month and I think that is exactly what I need. Well, not another birthday of course but friends and family intoxicated on Mexican food (and maybe a margarita or two) laughing and sharing good times. If you didn't get an evite and would like to join us, email me and one of us will send you one.
  • Pretty excited about the cold front moving in later this weekend. Well, I guess I should say we are excited about the possibilty of snow and not the cold weather.
  • We were heading to Colorado on 1/22 for a Aspen Creek party but just found out that was canceled. The store in NC is extremely busy so all the extra man power is needed out there at the moment. Of course we are bummed, HG more so than us. She as heading to "Camp Aunt Tonia" and has been so excited. Growing up, we always looked forward to spending a week with them.

Have a great weekend, kiss and hugs your loved ones, never take a life for granted and bundle up!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you hard this weekend! I also pray that God's peace comes over you too. I'm here to listen anytime.

    Poor HG looks worn out in those pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete