Monday, January 17, 2011

Texarkana



HG and I decided we were heading to Texarkana for the weekend after dropping Chris off at the airport on Friday. Sitting around in a tiny apartment in the rain just didn't sound like music to my ears. We arrived on Friday night, had dinner at Joe's (YUMMY) and then searched for Boots. Searched for 3 hours. The little thing had closed himself in a warm room and was resting nicely on a pile of clothes. Silly Boots!

The weather hasn't improved so we are trying to make the best of it with all the rain. From Jumping Apes to Grandparents house to yummy dinners and homemade heart cupcakes, I think HG is enjoying her time. She was nicely given a talking Dora kitchen for Mia's house, oh my goodness gracious alive (her words), it is pretty stinking neat. If you have a Dora fan, they will love this!


Don't you just love the L ice chest below? It is a super cute gift for our sweet cousin Laura on her birthday. Whether in their back yard at the pool or Saturday mornings at the ballpark, I hope she enjoys it. She is so sweet and dear to us!

On Saturday I couldn't resist a stop to BJaxx and Beehive. It is like a Sam Moon in the DFW area but different. If that makes sense. I came out with two huge sacks and spent $50. Christmas items were on clearance so we scored new stockings (2 different styles for each of us) ornaments, decorations and nutcrackers. We've been looking at nutcrackers for years, C has always liked them but they can run pretty high. Then you add us living like gypsies, items are bound to get broken right? Well since we will be in a house by Christmas with ONE move ahead of us, it was worth the risk. I mean who could resist a buck or six bucks for a nutcracker? Yes, I really scored some good items. If anyone would like me to grab them some, please email me and I will be glad to do it.

Then seriously if those two places weren't enough, Target kidnapped us today. My friend Christine has 3 little girls and got 17 pairs of shoes for less than $70. If that isn't a deal, I'm not sure what is. I just had to get in there to see what I could find. Well, it seems that everyone else had that idea. We only scored two shoes, the same exact ones just in different sizes (9&10) for 3.74. I did come out like a shopping Queen in the baby section. 2011 is already full of family and friends having babies and so I imagine it will continue into 2012. I am personally over the moon with a few of the babies due to arrive. I picked up pj's for $1.74, adorable outfits for $3.74, Christmas mary Jane stockings for $2


We are missing Chris dearly right now. HG had a nightmare on Saturday night and wanted both of her parents to cuddle with her. Another week and he'll be home.

Tomorrow is a busy day around here so hopefully I can get some rest today. My poor body is W O R N out tonight, I find it really odd that I am still so worn out and my hormone levels are almost back to normal.

3 comments:

  1. you got a ton of stuff! If those stockings matched our Christmas decor, I would totally have you pick us up some. We decorate with red/gold. Anything that would match that??

    I need to stay AWAY from Target! Luckily there's not a super Target here; only regular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is the issue I ran into. I love the stockings but everything we do is maroon and gold. I'm trying to be more flexible and throw in some other colors rather than being OCD about it. MY friend does a great red and green tree so I might try that next year. Plus, I doubt we'll be able to travel at Christmas due to the opening so we will have to invite and make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh reds/greens would be cute- kind of whimsickle-like! If we have a two story house next, I'd love to have a tree downstairs and then put one upstairs for the girls that is more "cute"

    ReplyDelete