Monday, January 31, 2011

Easy Chicken & Dumplings

With Chris out of town, we enjoyed a not so favorite meal of his. HG kept telling me it was the best ever. She is a sucker for pastas and soups.


I love fat kid food on a cold winter night.

Your shopping list:
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 C sliced fresh carrots
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
pepper, salt
3 C cubed cooked chicken (I assume canned chicken would be okay if that is all you have!)
1 2/3 C biscuit mix (I like Bisquick)
2/3 C milk

I used my dutch oven on the stove to cook this tonight. First, I sprayed the dutch oven and added the carrots and celery. Cook until tender. Next, I added the broth and the seasonings, brought to a boil and then simmered uncovered while adding the cooked chicken.

You can either buy the frozen dumplings or make your own. I used Bisquick tonight and stirred in the milk. I dropped by spoonfuls into the simmer broth, covered and let simmer another 15 minutes. I don't like opening the lid while the dumplings are simmering, just a me rule!

So easy, a pretty dang tasty meal. We add biscuits and Tabasco to ours. Yes, carb over load but it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment