Sunday, January 30, 2011

Egg & sausage casserole




We had some of our favorite family stay with us last night so I threw together this delicious breakfast casserole. I typically only let it set over night but I made this Saturday morning so it sat in the fridge nearly 20 hours. I was worried about the eggs but everything turned out perfect!


Breakfast casserole, donuts, kolacheswith sausage.

Hot chocolate, coffee, pear juice, cokes, water.


Lots of happy and full bellies.


What better way for kids to wake up on big pallets on the floor surrounded by people you love and a great smell coming from the oven.


HG was so sad to see her cousins leave.

Two weeks, we have another adventure planned with them. Such fun! We have rooms book at the Great Wolf Lodge for one of our Christmas gifts from Chris.

Here is what I did:
1 pound pork sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices white bread cute into 1/2 inch pieces. I'm sure wheat would be ok but I buy white for this casserole.
2 c 2 % milk
1 teaspoon salt or a toss like a did
1 teaspoon ground mustard or once again a toss
6 eggs

I added the pork sausage in a heated skillet to brown and crumble. In a bowl, I beat the eggs then added the milk, salt and ground mustard. Once mixed well, I stirred in the bread cubes, cheese and the sausage. I poured into a greased (Pam sprayed in my case) casserole dish and tossed in the fridge. It sat most of the day on Saturday, over night and I cooked the lovely dish this morning, it was tasty!! I always let it sit out for 20-30 minutes before putting in oven. Not sure why, maybe when I started making this a which back it said to.

HG and I will eat on this all week.

I barely like eggs. Barely. I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment