Monday, January 31, 2011

Microwave Bread & Butter Pickles

We're pickle freaks in this house. Two are. One, not so much.

Great recipe and super easy.

Must try if you like bread & butter pickles. I like 'em hot!


2 C sliced cucumbers
1 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 celery seeds
1 onion-sliced
1/2 C white vinegar
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp tumeric

For hot pickles add:
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic

In a 2 quart microwave safe glass bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring once at 4 minutes. Place in a glass jar and refrigerate.


I love recipes from my grandmothers!
Stay tuned for great soup ideas during the cold winter. The hubby isn't a big soup fan but the little one and I love it! Warms the soul.

1 comment:

  1. I was eating my homemade spicy pickles tonight and remembered you did this post, so I had to come back and see how you make yours. I totally cheat. I buy the gallon of sliced dills from Sam's, drain the juice, add my sugar and spice, and they are so good. Your recipes sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete