Tuesday, January 11, 2011



  • HG skipped school today and spent the day with us and got to have breakfast with Grand mommy.

  • Chris and I had a date last night (so fun!) after realizing we couldn't remember our last one where we didn't have a 3rd wheel. We went here since I had been craving Italian food and a glass of wine. It had been a while since I over indulged in either (not that over indulging in wine it is a priority in my life) so we were both looking forward to it. A glass of Shiraz, salads, bread, pizza and chicken piccata hit the spot. While the pizza was wonderful, I was not impressed with the chicken piccata. It tasted like butter. ick! We'll be sticking to Italiannis for Italian food.

  • After dinner, we stuck our head in Aspen Creek to say hi. Chris hasn't been in there in a month or so and wanted to stop by.

  • We ended up spending the night in Irving at the Bells since we had a glass of wine.. Okay, maybe more than a glass but I assure you it was much needed. Sometimes when life is extremely hard and we don't understand why bad things happen, wine makes it all better. Or for the moment.
  • I am feeling much better this evening after a very rough morning and afternoon. No, we weren't hungover. Thank you for the texts, emails and phone calls. I am ever so thankful for the support and love I have gotten. I am on the mend and on the way back to the top.

  • Our little princess was exhausted and fell asleep at 7 tonight. Oh how I love a sweet sleeping toddler.

  • Chris is headed to North Carolina again for nearly 2 weeks and we're already sad. HG begs her daddy not to go, like on her hands and knees beg. It tears me up. Right now, I need him more than ever too. I know it won't be much longer and we will have our on store but dang it, lets hurry it up. :)

  • HG and I are heading to Texarkana for the weekend so we won't be all alone. HG has been having a fit not being there for all the snow. She wanted to drive there now mommy. Nothing planned, just a change of scenery, family and lots of eating. I'm sure we'll stick our head in SS on Friday to see the gang there, we miss them bunches.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good dinner and some good wine. You needed it!!! Still sending lots of prayers up for you.

    Boyd misses Kevin a lot too lately, b/c he is working like crazy. Doesn't it break your heart when they beg for their daddy?! ugh!

    ReplyDelete