Monday, May 23, 2011

Back home

Seems I say that far too often.
I can't wait to actually have a home that we feel like it is home.
And that we actually enjoy being at.
Hopefully with out elephants or the frat pack living above us.
Somewhere we can dance to Zac Brown while cooking dinner.
Gets kind of nuts doing it right now.




The little one and I arrived back in Dallas around noon.
Just in time for the wild storms.
And hail.
Oh the hail.
It was mad.
Not big but so much of it.
The sky just opened up when we hit north Irving.
There was so much lighting, rain, flooding and wind coming through Dallas.
But not hail.
Boom!
It came out of no where.
There was so much traffic and nothing we all could do.
We drove about 3 or 4 minutes before we got to a bridge we could actually fit under.
Everyone was taking cover.
I grabbed my cell and turned on the video camera as I pulled under the bridge.
I pulled under a bridge with many other cars.
I had the east bound lane blocking me.
The hail was still coming in under the bridge.
The wind was shaking our cars.
All the mess woke HG up.
She thought someone was hammering my car.
I made her out her blanket over her just incase.
After about 10 minutes, it had stopped enough to drive.
The random ones still lingered.


The weather has been extra rough this year.
The storms, tornadoes and all the many deaths.
My heart goes out the those in Joplin.
And to those still recovering in Alabama.
Both towns, I am very familiar with.
Close family friends were hit in Alabama.
Our old company has a store in Joplin.
They all made it out safe.
Many friends from NW Arkansas have traveled up to help.
Taking supplies, lending a helping hand and just a hug.
A hug goes so far.
I am ready for the storms to be over.
Looks like a chance tomorrow......ugh!


HG and I are laying in bed.
She is barely hanging on,
Blue Clues is keeping her eyes peeking through.
We were up at 5:10.
She slept in the car until 6:30.
It was close to midnight by the time we had dinner, showers, packed and climbed in bed.
Then I had to get up to pee a million times during the night.
Chris made his flight with less than 5 minutes to spare.
I'm sure he was jogging through the airport.
Houston airport was further away than we had planned for.
Then there was more traffic than we had planned.
HG and I met a dear friend, Denise, for breakfast at 6:30.
She is such a sport to get up extra early to visit us.
It had been far too long between us visiting.
Her daughter, Shea Noel, is due this summer.
I can't wait!
She will be such a great mom.
Now if only she can get her sister on board with kids.:)
Their mom will be over the moon.
After the early breakfast, we headed back.
Stopping along the way.
HG loves Bucee's.
We were trying to delay enough so the worst part of the storms pass.
It didn't happen.
We were so worn out and wanted to get home.
Pulling into Dallas, HG falls asleep.
Rain will do that to you.

We had a great trip.
JD and Kendall let us take over their apartment.
Poppy treated us to great meals.
El Tiempo, Sky pizza, Barnaby's.
Uncle Mark and Amanda came to play on Saturday night and have dinner.
Sunday we headed to Port Arthur to see my family.
It was soooooooooooo wonderful seeing them.
Gee gee is 90 years old and stunning.
We had a late lunch of Texas Roadhouse.
HG was sick the first few hours but Dr mom helped with labor position.
No lie.
I ad her doing all kinds of positions you only know about from birthing classes.
A late afternoon swim with Uncle JD and Kendall was just what HG had been waiting on.
She is a little fish.
And wants everyone to swim.
Even if the water isn't too warm yet.
After dinner, we met Mark/Amanda and Mike/Amber for dinner at a yummy Mexican place.
HG was given a super cute bracelet by Aunt Amber.
Uncle Mark is headed home this weekend and HG seems to think she can make all his plans.
He is going to swim, fish and eat pizza at CEC.
Ha!
Maybe pizza at daddy's work.
Fishing by daddy's work.
And if time swimming at the apartment.
oh no, he IS coming to stay with me mommy.
Oh my precious little one.


We always enjoy spending time with family and friends.
It will be so nice for them to come visit us once moved.
And hopefully be able to throw on skies and head,
But then again, the beach wouldn't be too shabby either.

No comments:

Post a Comment