Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainy days

SO........


I put my BIG girl panties on and am letting HG have a Minnie Mouse birthday party.


Gasp......


Yes, I am not a fan of character clothing or parties.


I'm not really sure why, I've always been that way.


We didn't have character parties growing up.


We had hay rides, ice cream parties, skating parties, dances, etc.


All she wants is her favorite things at her birthday.


For 3 hours.


That is all she is requesting.


Not sure where the 3 hours is coming from.








Last year, we did a hula theme and ended up getting a Dora bounce house.


She bawled this year when I explained that there wouldn't be Dora present.


Then it was Olivia.


Olivia the pig.


I really like Olivia and the books are funny.


But, I don't really want to have a lot of pigs at the party.


Then it was Cowgirl.


I loved the cowgirl idea.


But we are doing small this year.


We will just be arriving back from Destin.


Plus, I know she'll want to spend big money on her 4th birthday.


We'll actually have a house.


We don't have to worry about renting a place out.


That always adds $150-$300 before anything else.


Maybe cowgirl next year.


Kind of goes will with the mountain background in my opinion.


So when the crocodile tears began over Minnie Mouse.......


I threw my hands in the air and said yes.


She was was so happy.


Plus with us keeping it small, Minnie might just be the perfect fit.


I can throw in pink her favorite color and zebra.










I can only imagine what future party requests will be.




We are starting to work on the gifts for end of the school year.


They are adorable.


So inexpensive.


And HG gets to be hands on helping me make them.


If she doesn't eat all of them.



One of the gifts is a container of M&M's.


The card says:


Green is for the inspiration you give me.


Blue is for your patience in showing me the way.


Orange is for your warmth and caring style.


Yellow is for the way you always make me smile.


Red is for my life that you have touched this year.


You're a very special teacher - that's clear.


You place knowledge in my hands


and melt into my heart and life forever.


You're a Magnificent" & "Marvelous" teacher.


Thank you for being my M&M.







No pictures today.


We haven't left the house in two days.


Not even to open the door.


Everything is a diaster.


Funny that when you are home all day, it is so messy.


HG also didn't have a nap.


So early bed time tonight.



We're heading for a burger.


The hubby told HG I'd take her up to AC tonight.


I realllllllly don't want to get dressed.


Or wash my hair.


Is that bad?


So, I am thinking drive thru.


Even though I have a fridge and freezer full of food.


I don't want ground turkey.


I don't want chicken.


Or vegetables.


Or soup.


I want junk.


I'm going to be big as a house soon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you'll ever be big as a house!! :) You are so cute and so small!

    I kind of am the same way you are about characters....I never really dressed Boyd in themed/character clothes, or decorated with them, etc. I like more neutral or generic stuff! HG is so funny and she knows what she wants, huh?! :))

    ReplyDelete